Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What to do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I’m trying again as do need some more input with this situation.

I have become close to a guy online- we’ve been chatting regularly since the start of the year. He was very complimentary about me as a person but also said he thought I was 'gorgeous' after he'd seen a photo of me. At this time, he had a gf so I took it that he was being nice and positive to boost me up. My self-esteem was pretty low at this time.
We have been messaging each other several times during the week, each week until now. He broke up with his gf back in March and I've tried to help him through things too.

Anyway, recently I met up with him and some other friends for a night out. As soon as I saw this guy, I really liked him and although he's not my usual physical type, I thought he was sexy and I fancied him. As we got talking, I found him chilled, funny and kind.

Anyhow the evening was really fun and I had good time with him & other friends. During the course of the evening, I noticed that this guy looked over at me a few times and each time I looked back, he looked away quickly and vice versa. We both chatted to other people and actually he spoke to one girl in particular for a lot of the evening (which I'm trying not to worry about). At the end of the evening, we had a big hug goodbye and he txtd me to say he'd had a great night and it was lovely to meet me which I replied to saying the same.

But since then, he’s seemed a little more distant. For example, I'm going away to teach overseas later this year and txtd him saying it'd be good if we could fit another meet in before I go and that he was welcome to come visit me in my home town sometime. But he ignored that bit of my msg but said that it’d be good to give me a good send off. Also, he said that he was feeling bit bleurgh with work and needed a break and because I'm off to my new school overseas in couple of weeks to visit, I suggested he come along too. He said it was a cool idea but just brushed it off. So I'm getting the impression that he actually doesn't like me that much Therefore, I've backed off a bit now as feel silly.

He sent me a msg a couple of days ago saying he was about to watch prog that he knew I liked too and how it’d reminded him of me, which was nice. I know it sounds silly but I feel like we've built up a good friendship and since meeting him, I'm thinking about him lots but it all feels a bit hopeless and what was it all about anyway? I guess I’m being ridiculous as I’m going overseas soon and we both haven’t long come out of other r’ships so guess it’s not very practical really.

I’d appreciate your help anyway.

Elfin xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't really suggest much help. It seems that he probably sees you only as a friend. Of course, you don't know that for sure and quite frankly, the only way you will, will be to ask him straight out about it. You'll have to be prepared for rejection though.
    Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. I don't think I'm brave enough to talk to him about it and the timing of this all just seems a bit 'off' so think will try my best to deal with feelings and be pleased that we have a nice friendship.

Btw, if you give someone a compliment but they don't comment on it at alll and don't compliment you back, that's a bad sign, right?!
    yep, you got it, it is ridiculous, theres nothing here, forget Him, go abroad and find a meaningful relationship.