Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you give an opinion or be walked over

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i just want to know should you be allowed to have an opinion? I have been treated pretty shitty by my friend recently ie been dumped as they have a new partner. I felt used tbh and finally snapped after months of not bothering and said a few home truths.... my mom says u should keep your opinions to yourself and that she personally wouldn’t have said anything.

So do u keep shut and be treated like crap or tell them what u think and have them make out you're in the wrong

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi i just want to know should you be allowed to have an opinion?

The blatant obvious answer is yes. It is not always wise to always speak them out, however.
    I have been treated pretty shitty by my friend recently ie been dumped as they have a new partner. I felt used tbh and finally snapped after months of not bothering and said a few home truths.... my mom says u should keep your opinions to yourself and that she personally wouldn’t have said anything.

So do u keep shut and be treated like crap or tell them what u think and have them make out you're in the wrong

I'm with your mom here (tee hee). You can gain nothing out of 'snapping' at your friend who made an 'illogical' decision: you don't dump friends for partners. You might shift the contact back a few gears, but you don't crap on them. Having that said, she does obviously not care enough for you, so "speaking sense" into her will not achieve much, will it?

Nothings changed, you are still treated like crap, you've shown weakness that you are really bothered by this and kinda made a tit out of yourself, so: Always have opinions, but don't always blurt them out.
    well this person has been quite rude to me lately ignoring texts and then when i make a joke about it i get oh youre being rude..... i just said i felt dumped as afriend and that it wasnt very nice, how some of their comments can come across as offensive and how a few people have told me not to bother with them yet i do as i think theyre a decent person
    ludvig!??! is that you?!!
    no it isnt im afraid. im told by people in my life so many times dont say this dont do that i get fed up of being walked over
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    ludvig!??! is that you?!!

:yes:
    nooo!! what have you got to lose?, fill yer boots and tell them exactly what they need to know, then where to go, enjoy!.