Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Edinburgh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going for 3 nights soon and I would like some recommendations of some delicious restaurants, some cool bars and some pumping clubs.

Anyone?

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I'm going for 3 nights soon and I would like some recommendations of some delicious restaurants, some cool bars and some pumping clubs.

Anyone?

The Italian place called Gennaro we went to on Grassmarket t'other weekend was absolutely delicious 0131 226 3706 you'd probably need to book a table as it got pretty busy, which I can understand.
  • Options
    Is grassmarket in the city centre?

Just looked and it's by the castle. thanks :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    lipsy wrote: »
    Is grassmarket in the city centre?

Just looked and it's by the castle. thanks :)

It's city centre and there are lots of pubs and clubs along there. Some of the pubs are really nice, some are dire, but it's definitely really busy at the weekend.

The other places to go for a night out are George Street and Rose Street. George St is more posh and upmarket and Rose St has lots of really nice pubs. They are just behind Princes St.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I'm going to be there tomorrow and I've never been before, so I'm quite intrested in this also.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    There's a place called 'the Cave' or something that's supposed to be quite mental.
  • Options
    There's a really good French place also on the Grassmarket, a couple of doors down from the Beehive pub.

As far as clubs go, the Liquid Rooms just up the hill from the Grassmarket is really good. Had my 23rd birthday there a couple of years ago and it was ace.

Absolutely love Edinburgh. Definitely one of my top 5 world cities.