Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

needing some friendly advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead:
Is there somewhere that can advisenme on a very hard situation. I have four children the eldest of which is Rachel who has some of personality disorder and is becoming very very difficult to live with. For instance today I have had to have the police out to her as she can cause world war 3 over the slightest of thing. My other 2 children at home are 17 and 18 years old who she is always arguing with. What I think she would benefit from is some sort of sheltered housing as she often needs support in some daily living actives such as form filling and some just there as aguidence to help her.
I get quite frustrated myself as no one seems to want to help and it tearing me and my husband apart due to it her behavioue making us argue, everyday one of say that we are leaving, but neither of us really wants that to happen.
Sorry to bore everbody but I dont know what to do for the best.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Carer, welcome to the boards :wave:

I'm going to move your post in to the relationships forum as you will be likely to get some better replies there :)
  • Options
    have you tried contacting Mind, they are very supportive of people with mental health problems, has she been assessed by a psychiatrist, if so she should be receiving support under the outreach mental health team via a Community Psychiatric Nurse. Contact your local Hospital or the GP and find a number for the Mental Health Team, they often run day support for behaviour problems, she would only need a referral from the GP.