Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

CRAP! Sorry this is long!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead:
I am really not sure which thread most applies for this so moderators feel free to move it if you think it fits better in another thread.

OK, to make a long story a bit shorter my bf and I got back together after a 17 day break up ( I have a thread in relationship on that), during this time I didn't think we could resolve the issues and I stopped using my birth control patch. I saw no reason to continue as I didn't plan to be having any sex and my periods have been hell on it- extremely heavy lasting 6 days and returning after just 5 days, my GYN knows about this. I was supposed to use the patch (along w/condoms) for 3 Months until a test is done to insure that my tubes are blocked following a permanent birth control procedure called "Essure" where they place coils into the tubes to cause you to make scar tissue. Well, we had sex using a condom as we had done so numerous times prior to my going on the BC patch and we never had any problems with it breaking or slipping off.

Yep, of course this is when something will happen......

So the sex was terrific :love: excpet that the condom broke...Murphy's Law right? After thinking about this for awhile and talking about what to do I decided to call my health care provider's emergency department and ask about using Plan B, I was on hold transfering between emergency & urgent care and the advice nurse for 40 minutes having to explain in detail what happened and that I wasn't using the BC patch for the past 2 weeks, the other thing is that I had Gastric Bypass surgery a few years ago and because there is no data to prove regular BC pills will be absorbed they are not prescribed hence the use of the patch method. So finally I did get the Plan B and took the two pills as directed (at the same time) about 3 hours after the condom breakage. I sure hope that I did absorb them properly.

So now I have to e mail my GYN to tell her what happened, I know she will not be happy that I discontinued the patch during the break up period and now I need advice as to when to re-start using it again. When I first started on it I had to wait until my period came and apply it on the Sunday after that, then wait 1 week and still use condoms during sex.

My bf and I have decided not to have intercourse until my period starts and the patch has been in place for a week, of course we still will use the condoms too but this is very hard to abstain from, we got together last night and did alot of "other things" but it was so hard to not have full intercourse, I sure hope my period comes on soon......

Comments

• Options
    Wow, you got yourself spade and got a gastric bypass? What a wonderful world we live in. I can identify with how hard it can be to abstain though, especially if you are used to regular sex. My ex can't take the pill because of a blood condition, and I don't wear condoms because they ruin sex for me (I'm not just being devil may care here, I'd actually rather do something else than try to have sex with a condom). This has given us a few scares in the past and the new rule is "no more sex". So frustrating, delicious forbidden fruit...
  • Options
    Wow, you got yourself spade and got a gastric bypass? What a wonderful world we live in. I can identify with how hard it can be to abstain though, especially if you are used to regular sex. My ex can't take the pill because of a blood condition, and I don't wear condoms because they ruin sex for me (I'm not just being devil may care here, I'd actually rather do something else than try to have sex with a condom). This has given us a few scares in the past and the new rule is "no more sex". So frustrating, delicious forbidden fruit...

I didn't get myself "Spayed" at all. All my reproductive parts are intact. Due to my age & prior health problems I chose permanent birth control.

As far as my Gastric Bypass goes I am VERY happy with my choice as I had tried on my own to lose the weight several times and it was affecting my health. I am not ashamed of my choice. It's one of the best choices I ever made and no neither of these choices came easy or without risks.