Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Open University Environment Course

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So I'm hoping to start an OU course in something related to the environment and human interaction with it.

I'd like to eventually combine this with my existing human rights degree and do a masters and maybe a PHD in the future (yes, it's gonna be expensive!). I'm interested in sustainability and grassroots action, human and non human animal welfare being paramount to these ideas.

I am interested in sustainable food production anyway, as well as issues like how pollution affects biodiversity and wildlife.

Anywaaaaaay to the question:

OU has Environmental Studies, Environmental Science and Natural Sciences courses...

I would love to hear people's experiences with OU.
Which would people recommend?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I studied sciences with OU a few years back, and their courses were very good quality, so no worries on that score.

You do have to commit to it though. Year 1 maybe you can get by fairly easily especially if you already know your subject, but once you get into year 2 modules you will have to be spending a good amount of time on them, so if you don't have a lot of free time you need to seriously look at how much you can take on.

Support is good for year 1 courses. For the year 2 courses they do assume that you are used to self-paced working by then.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well my job is 9-5 Monday to Friday, I have time.

Can you span the course out over more years than just 3?