Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quick question: contradictory time sheets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all

I'm just at work, working til 2pm today since the guy after me is having lunch at 1. I don't mind, means I get an extra hours pay. And yesterday was pretty much the same, he was running late so I worked the extra half hour. The office was staffed all the time so nobody lost out.

Problem is, I just filled out my time sheet for the week with my hours 9-1.30 and 9-2, except I saw his in the folder and he had obviously pre-filled it for the week (and signed with todays date) the shifts he had planned to do.

I don't want to be anal about it as I'm not that fussed and he is a nice guy and wouldn't try to rip me off, but I'm worried in case the boss queries it and it makes it look like I'm trying to steal some extra pay (especially considering the other guy had originally put his name down for those times).

Should I just;
a) hope it's ok or should
b) I ask the guy to re-do his time sheet or
c) tell the boss? (But then I look like a right whinger, lol).

I'm inclined to go for a), but there is that little bit of worry at the back of my mind. I also noticed on my colleagues time sheet he had claimed for some kitchen supplies - very fair - and snuck a 69p flapjack on there as well ;).

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you've filled in your time sheet for the hours you've worked, and it's accepted that you stay on at work until the next person gets there rather than leaving at the end of your shift regardless and then leave it as is.

There's no reason for you to have seen the other guys timesheets, and if you hadn't then you'd have left it as is.
    If you've filled in your time sheet for the hours you've worked, and it's accepted that you stay on at work until the next person gets there rather than leaving at the end of your shift regardless and then leave it as is.

There's no reason for you to have seen the other guys timesheets, and if you hadn't then you'd have left it as is.

I did leave it, and both times he text me to let me know he was running late so I don't think it's an issue. Normally though if nobody mentions anything we do go at the end of our shifts as we have lectures etc.

The only reason I saw the time sheet is because we have a folder with a plastic wallet where we all put our time sheets in and his was at the front, not like I was going out of my way to peek.

So do you not think it will be a problem that we have both seemingly worked at the same time?
    claim ignorance with regards to his time she, if you hadn't of seen it youd still put it through, if they dispute it is there cctv that proves you were there and he was running late?
    I don't really see how anything other than a) is an option.

If your boss queries it, deal with it then.

Also, just save the text messages.
    Hellfire wrote: »
    claim ignorance with regards to his time she, if you hadn't of seen it youd still put it through, if they dispute it is there cctv that proves you were there and he was running late?

I doubt there will be a dispute, he is a very good guy and if I had of asked him would probably have changed it straight away - it was nothing more than an oversight. It just seems like a rude and slightly intrusive request though.

My concern was just if the boss was going through it and thought it was suspicious and we could both potentially get in trouble. As it stands, the boss can be a bit lax with his attention to detail and has probably just signed them both off anyway.

In a way I was thinking of it like finding a fiver in a street, would you a) take it and wait to see if anyone asked you for it b) ask the person nearby if they had dropped it or c) take it the relevent authorities and let them deal with it.

Over and done with now though.
    well if he's a good guy and it is noticed i guess he'll just own up and say it was an oversight on his part and it'll all be fine :)