Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Star Trek Vs Terminator: Salvation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I haven't had the spare cash to be able to see any of the films out at the cinema recently. But yesterday I got a free movie ticket and I need to chose a film to watch.
I REALLY wanted to watch 'Defiance' but they've just stopped showing it at our local cinema. So I have to chose between 'Star Trek' and 'Terminator'.
I would have chosen Terminator any day, but I've heard so many shit reviews about it...and so many great reviews about Star Trek. I've never been a fan of Star Trek, but I do love Science Fiction and this is supposed to be different from those geeky tv shows?
So what do you guys suggest?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I haven't had the spare cash to be able to see any of the films out at the cinema recently. But yesterday I got a free movie ticket and I need to chose a film to watch.
    I REALLY wanted to watch 'Defiance' but they've just stopped showing it at our local cinema. So I have to chose between 'Star Trek' and 'Terminator'.
    I would have chosen Terminator any day, but I've heard so many shit reviews about it...and so many great reviews about Star Trek. I've never been a fan of Star Trek, but I do love Science Fiction and this is supposed to be different from those geeky tv shows?
    So what do you guys suggest?

You've answered it yourself. Star Trek is the better fillum.
    Star Trek.
    I've heard gash reviews as well but I'd still pick T4
    Haven't seen the new Terminator, but Star Trek was good.
    One has Christian Bale in.

One doesn't.

The answer is simple.

P.S I've seen neither.
    I'd go see Star Trek then sneek into T4 afterwards, god i loved having friends work at cinemas :D
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Star Trek, like I told you.

I've never seen any other ST film or whatever and I've seen all films and episodes of Terminator, Salvation pretty much sucked.
    One has Christian Bale in.

One doesn't.

The answer is simple.

P.S I've seen neither.

I thought he was crap in Batman but excellent in American Psycho - I reckon he's crap at playing dual characters i.e. Bruce Wane vs Batman

Heath Ledger totally made the last Batman movie ..

I vote Star Trek cos I saw that and was pretty good, but I was expecting them to get the Munchies and go to White castle
    I saw Star Trek in the end. :thumb:
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I saw Star Trek in the end. :thumb:
    What you think?
    It was awesome, they've totally lost the whole nerd factor and made a great sci-fi action film.