Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dizzy :O

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For about a week on and off I've been really dizzy when I turn my head either way, stand up or sit down. Also my vision is really blurry and then it goes back to normal (like a pulse is the best way I can describe it) Its making me feel rather sick! Any ideas on what could be wrong? Or anyone been through anything similar?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just a wild guess so dont take it as gospel but it could be something to do with your ears as they have a stake in your balance or something i think
    That's what I was thinking but I've been really shaky aswell, which made me think it could be to do with my sugar levels or something? but I've been eating fine...
    have you been under stress lately? been drinking properly especially with the weather being nice lately?
    Yea ive been quite stressed. I've been drinking a lot of water and a few glasses of orange every day.
    I've been eating more aswell and not on purpose I constantly feel hungry, I think that's why I'm drinking so much. But I think I'll go back to one small meal a day to make up for eating so much, once I've figures out why I'm so damn dizzy! (and not eating isn't the cause, coz I havnt done that in a while)
    It may be something to do with your blood pressure? ie: low blood pressure?

I guess the only way to know is to get check out by the doc :)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It could be many things from not eating properly, or not eating the right things, to issues with your ears, to blood pressure problems to just general headrushes from getting up too quickly. My advice would be to seek help from a GP. Especially as it has been going on for a week. Dizzyness shouldn't just be ignored :)
    Mmm I know Drs is the best option but...but I don't want to! I suppose I'll have to tho...I doubt it's anything serious but I would say it's getting worse
    I would definetly go to the doctors and get it checked out, at least then you will know.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Mmm I know Drs is the best option but...but I don't want to! I suppose I'll have to tho...I doubt it's anything serious but I would say it's getting worse

If it's getting worse then you definitely need to get it checked out.
    Well I don't think it's not from eating as ATM I have been, I'm on the same diet as I've always been, as for just standing up too quick possibly every so often but this starts when I'm sitting down aswell or even looking in another direction with little head movement.

It's not that I'm scared of going to my GP it's just I'd rather not, and I've not been taking my med's which she may ask about and I don't really want to get into that conversation with her. But I know not taking my meds has nothing to do with feeling dizzy.
  • Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi,
    If you're really reluctant to go to your own GP, how about either NHS direct or a 'walk-in centre'? Talking to a nurse or doctor should tell you whether you need to take this further.
    Dizziness is a tricky symptom as it could be related to any number of things, so as the others say, ignoring it might not be the best option here.