Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trip to London - Birthday Weekend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey,

I'm pondering about going to London for my 19th birthday, as I don't feel like going out to town, what a dive. If not I'll probably end up going to Manchester for the night just for a change.

I'm in Liverpool, so I'd be getting the train from Lime Street > Wigan Northwest > London most likely, but I don't know what station is best to get off at, or to buy my tickets from. Going direct to Virgin Trains is expensive. I only really want it for a night, go the 3rd July (Birthday is the 1st) go out that night and then come home the following day. Whilst throwing in some sight seeing.

That leads me onto the next question, any care to recommend any good clubs? Not really bothered about the music that much.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Why would you go via Wigan? There is an hourly direct service provided by Virgin Trains every hour taking around 2½hours. Virgin (and all other West Coast mainline destinations) go into Euston which is fairly central.

The standard Saver return (valid into London after 1100 weekdays and unrestricted on a weekend) is £66 without a railcard, if you can manage to purchase advance purchase and commit to certain trains this can be as low as £40. With railcards this is £43 saver and as low as £25 on advance purchase.

I personally recommend http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/ for purchasing of tickets as there are no extra charges and the interface is designed to show you the cheapest prices.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As for clubs, it's London! There are clubs for every single possible taste you care to mention.

You might want to be a bit more specific as to what kind of club you're after.