Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i need help plz !!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im new to this site i really need help im nearly 19 i think im sufferin from depresion agen and dont no wot to do n not just that im self harming as well i really want to get help but need some one to come wiv me cuz i find it really hard to go to the docs on my own i carnt tell my family becouse even thow a lot ov them have had depression befor the seem to think im to young to have it and tell me im just being silly and i dont want to be a berdon on my friends as i only have a few and dont wont to lose them just need some one to talk to befor it get worse xxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Ghousey

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad, I am in a similar position I'm 19, Have severe depression and self harm, I went to the doctors about 4weeks ago and am now on anti-depressants and on a waiting list for counselling and i have now told my uni about the depression so they know my situation. It took me four years of depression and self harming to eventually pluck up the courage to go to the doctors and I had to go with a friend.

If you want to talk then please feel free to send me a private message. Take care :)
    Hi has any1 who's self harmed r who's got severe emotional problems and and who's negative tried changing there diet mite sound a long shot but it's changed my life complety eliminating the likes of MSG an aspartate and other harmful chimicals that's mostly found in processed food and drink this works by allowing cells that have been damaged to be free from damage but because damage has accurd over years to the extent it is tday uv became seriously sensertive to these chemicals it's bland but very effective it all starts out having poor attention and consentration as tho there a part of the brain that's always active and u carnt shut down.
    Hi have u tried changing ur diet
    Have u tried changing ur diet eliminating harmfull chemicals such as MSG an aspartate.
  • C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Welcome to TheSite.org ghousey :wave:

Depression is a horrible illness that can creep up on anyone regardless of age. It’s great to hear that you’re determined to tackle any problems and seek help – this is always the hardest part of the recovery process. You sound a bit wary about speaking to your friends and family about your depression and self-harming. I’m sure that if you explained what you’re going through they will completely understand and support you.

If you’re not quite ready to speak to those close to you, I’d recommend calling a helpline and speaking to them about where you can go for help. The Samaritans run a confidential telephone service that's available 24 hours a day. Their number is 08457 90 90 90. Saneline also run a similar service. Their number is 0845 767 8000.

Check out TheSite.org’s articles on depression and self-harm.

You can also get some more support from a trained advisor by using our AskTheSite service. They’ll get back to you within 3 days and provide you with lots of information on the next steps to take.

Hope this helps and I hope you get better soon.

C Funk :thumb: