Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Children and young peoples services careers

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Looking for a career in children or young people’s services? Then ask the experts!

YouthNet, the charity behind TheSite.org, is putting up their very own chief executive Fiona Dawe and communities manager Jim V for quizzing on the Guardian Online Careers forum on Friday afternoon. You can submit a careers-related question from now until Friday 12th June, with both of them coming online between 1pm and 4pm to give advice.

Linky :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry if im putting a downer on your thread helen but its so frustrating - theres so much stuff around like 'do you want to get into childcare?' 'fancy a career with young people' but thats exactly what im trained to do and there are naff all jobs out there. i cant find one for anything and neither can a few people i know yet they want to train more people into it! arghhh.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sorry if im putting a downer on your thread helen but its so frustrating - theres so much stuff around like 'do you want to get into childcare?' 'fancy a career with young people' but thats exactly what im trained to do and there are naff all jobs out there. i cant find one for anything and neither can a few people i know yet they want to train more people into it! arghhh.

Aww, no worries - I think this is a valid point and perhaps something you could raise on the guardian discussion about it - I don't know if you've read the list of all the people attending, but you could put a question to them about this very issue. :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the thing is with childcare is there are jobs out there if you want a minimum wage, long hours job in a private day nursery. but its not enough money to live on, you cant make a life out if it, the only chance you have is if you get a job with the government, in a childrens centre or a school etc. where they actually pay you a decent ish wage and you get proper holidays...but these jobs are really hard to come across because everyone wants them.

il be quiet now hehe :]

edit: oh and i just had a look on the list, might put a question in about it afterall :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

edit: oh and i just had a look on the list, might put a question in about it afterall :)

:thumb: