Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my first festival!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
and i have no idea what i should take
obviously a tent and sleeping bag, some clothes and money but is there anything else that i should take
i was thinking of taking some green but i've decided against it as last year at the IOW festival loads of people got buggered for having it, so its not really worth the risk imo!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wet wipes.
    Eddish wrote: »
    Wet wipes.

:yes: , hand cleaning gel, a hat, suncream, oldish clothes you dont mind getting ruined from mud, sweat etc.

Everyone will be in the same boat re lack of showers etc, so dont get to owrried that you smell and havent washed for a couple of days, most others wouldnt have either.
    Moist toilet tissues always come in handy! If you are bothered about your hair then dry shampoo. Wellies...you never know what the weather is going to be like!
    Paracetemol. Lots of it.
    a spare pair of trainers? i often find they disappear...

*edit* take a look@ e-festivals.com
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Eddish wrote: »
    Wet wipes.

:yes: the most important item imo.

Torch - or headlight - essential for finding your tent and not tripping over ropes in the evetag.

Check out TheSite.org's festivals packing checklist for more ideas. :thumb:
    Alcohol and food - both are expensive when you get there so its best to bring at least some so you don't spend too much money.

Something to sit on like a ground sheet

Matches to start fires with / and a gas stove so you can make a nice cup of tea and maybe a pot noodle
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Drugs
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Drugs

You took the words right out of my mouth, when I didn't see that in his list.. I began to think he was going on a camping trip rather than a festival.. and even then Drugs would still be involved :D
    Suntan lotion, insect bite cream, insect repellent. Aren't I so careful? hehe.
    Magic mushrooms and a fresh pair of undies. Or maybe two.
    Take enough money to live on whilst you're there. There are ATMs but they charge a fortune and the queues are mahoosive.

Other than that, baby wipes, antibac hand gel, more baby wipes, torch, condoms, suntan lotion, insect repellant, painkillers and nothing you mind getting muddy.
    hey all
    just wanted to say a quick thankyou for helping me here
    THANKKK YOOUUUUUUU!