Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So what are you knitting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello knitters,

Just wondered what all your current works-in-progress are?

I'm doing some more socks and another scarf. I've bought yarn and pattern to do my first top soon but finishing current projects first.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know it's not knitting, but I'm currently crocheting a blanket. It's got a few more squares since this pic, I'm up to 38 (and 2 thirds!) at the moment :)

P6012149.jpg
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I currently have Forest Path Stole on my needles. It is slow work. I am enjoying it though. I'll get more done when I am on maternity leave, though.
    Nothing at the moment - have bought yarn for as hat and some for socks. I just hate working out the gauge lol, it puts me off starting

Will start the socks next week I think!
    I'm still on the Owls jumper. But am nearly finished - not having proper internet has its advantages!
    what is the Owls jumper?
    what is the Owls jumper?

It's a jumper with cabled owls round the yoke.

I'd post you a link, but can't cut and paste on mobile :( I'm sure some kindly soul knows what I'm on about and will do it for me!
    Olive wrote: »
    It's a jumper with cabled owls round the yoke.

I'd post you a link, but can't cut and paste on mobile :( I'm sure some kindly soul knows what I'm on about and will do it for me!

It is this one (rav link). :)
    that's so cute!
    It is this one (rav link). :)

OMG that's amazing!

Olive what yarn are you using?
    Still working on http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/boys-afghan (never going to be finished :p) and just started http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/monkey-business-2

I cannot wait to see your stole missy and that owl sweater is too cute :D cannot wait to see that one either!
    I'm confused by blocking. I read that you only need to block if it is a natural fiber as if its acrylic it won't make a difference anyways. I have a yarn that is 75% cotton and 25% acrylic, should I block the project?
    currently doing a quilt
    I'm confused by blocking. I read that you only need to block if it is a natural fiber as if its acrylic it won't make a difference anyways. I have a yarn that is 75% cotton and 25% acrylic, should I block the project?

Not a clue! Blocking seems effort!

I'm not sure how it would hold up to blocking. What yarn is it you are using?

I am currently on a baby project stint. I have finished a blankie, I am making baby surprise jacket, am going to knit some baby socks, I have yarn for Sheldon and if I have time I am going to knit Helena. Phew.

All other knitting is on hold.
    Oh baby you will look adorable in Helena :D What colors are you planning for it?

I'm using http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Comfy_Sport_Yarn__D5420179.html yarn. Perhaps even if it can be blocked it might not be worth it as, as soon as you wash it, it will go back to whatever shape it wants, wont it?
    Oh baby you will look adorable in Helena :D What colors are you planning for it?

I'm using http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Comfy_Sport_Yarn__D5420179.html yarn. Perhaps even if it can be blocked it might not be worth it as, as soon as you wash it, it will go back to whatever shape it wants, wont it?

I have no idea what to use for Helena. I need to make it a stashbuster so I'll have a wee look - dunno if I'll get onto it either, mind :p I've just finished my bsj (apart from the buttons) so i'm going onto Sheldon today.

As with your question, I have no idea if it would be blocked. I know you can 'kill' acrylic (not sure how - a search on rav would probably tell you) but i'm not sure if it would ruin the garment. Hrm. Rav may help you more :)