Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Barbeque season

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got in on the BBQ action today! Burgers, sausages, BBQ ribs, chinese chicken and asparagus! Our house had a barbeque when we moved in, needed a bit of a scrape with a wire brush but pretty good.

Anyone had a barby yet? :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never been to a BBQ before :eek:
    I love the smell of them though.
    You've never been :O Have one!

We had one this evening, nothing fancy as it was just the four of us, a few burgers, sausages, chips and salad. Was nice to be able to sit outside andeat and the weather was perfect :)

We're thinking about having a load of friends over for a barbie sometime in the summer... hope it goes ahead!
    I might get one of those cheap disposables ones.
    My boyfriend loves to grill and a week into good weather I'm sick to death of it all.
    Anyone had a barby yet?

Loads (bf is a South African, so it's like the law or something :D ) but he and his friends are really good at doing them, so nothing burns.
    Last time I ate meat at a barbecue was at my mates house and I was sick out of both ends after it, now I stick to vegetables :P
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I've never been to a BBQ before :eek:

what? Is this even possible without violating the laws of physics?

I've been to four (or five? twice in the garden, georg, markus' bday,... /loud thinking) this year and I love them. Even fatty meat gets real tender and I love all the sauces and dressings we make. Garlic, cream. Garlic Bread, mhmmm yum.

They are ace.
    we always have a BBQ every year when the weathers warmer. We have burgers, sausages ect and not forgetting the alcohol and loads of very loud kids running around!!!:) :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Several BBQ's already this year.

People are big on them round here.
    Weekender Offender 
    had one at lunch time, we have them when my mum cant be bothered to cook anything. haaa
    Not keen on them. Not eating meat means people tend to think that chucking a corn cob and a pepper or two on the barbie until 99.999999999998% of it's moisture has evaporated and it resembles something from the centre of a weapons grade plutonium test blast area and serving it with some lettuce will do. Well quite frankly it won't. If i want to hang around with people i don't know and eat burnt food i might as well go to prison ! :D
    I think most of my town was in the supermarket buying barbie food this morning (apart from me)

Dont mind them but I prefer my meat cooked properly.
    Had one yesterday. :yum:
    I had bbq'd smoked haddock today, yum!
    Comedy watching some Norf Landaners attempt to light a disposable barbeque in the park. I thought they were going to fail, until one of them whipped out a blowtorch and blasted all the charcoal until it was red hot. Kinda defeats the object?!
    I've been having regular BBQ's for the last year and a half lol. Even back home though, when the weather was good...me and the boys would have a smoke, a piss up and a BBQ.
    Burgers with fried onions, good Sausages, Ribs, Prawns and a nice salad.
    Comedy watching some Norf Landaners attempt to light a disposable barbeque in the park. I thought they were going to fail, until one of them whipped out a blowtorch and blasted all the charcoal until it was red hot. Kinda defeats the object?!

:D We used to always get disposable BBQ's, along with cheap tesco value burgers and whatever was on offer in the BBQ section. Then we'd find a random field somewhere, take a load of ganja and a bottle of White Lightening each. That'd be our sunday afternoon sorted. :thumb:
    What the hell is a disposable bbq? :sour: And I know I've asked this before but forgot... a barbeque is just something done on http://homeappliances.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/barbecue-grill-galore.jpg or http://img.archiexpo.com/images_ae/photo-g/charcoal-barbecue-128048.jpg barbeque isn't a flavor to you folk, right? Cuz you can do barbeque on anything :p
    Barbeque just means the style of cooking, over coal or charcoal. A disposable barbeque is a little tinfoil tray filled with charcoal, with a metal mesh on top.
    Thats rather weird. They have mini grills that cost probably the same amount as a disposable one, betcha! I looked it up... here a disposable one is $10 but a mini is $20 and you use that as many times as you please. What a waste. About 3/4 of the charcole we use is from the previous grill too.
    yes but Manda that's not the point!
    I had a barbeque yesterday and Saturday...taking our total for the year so far up to six (my boyfriend keeps count, he has an ongoing competition with his best mate to see who can have the most :rolleyes: ) I love barbeque food, it's the best.
    I had a bbq yesterday at the parents - one the week before at a friends and one the week before that at mine.

I love them - our local butcher does really nice kebabs and things made up for the bbq which are all marinated in advance but which taste lurrrrrrvely though they are probably vastly more expensive than the M&S equivalent.
    Mmmm I'm hungry for another barby :D
    I had one yesterday. I bought a new BBQ when I moved into the new place, and had one pretty much every day for the first fortnight :D
    g_angel wrote: »
    I had one yesterday. I bought a new BBQ when I moved into the new place, and had one pretty much every day for the first fortnight :D

Now that you're further west, you must go and get some meat from Snoggy's (saffa butcher). Their stuff is teh awesome. http://www.snoggys.com/
    go_away wrote: »
    Now that you're further west, you must go and get some meat from Snoggy's (saffa butcher). Their stuff is teh awesome. http://www.snoggys.com/

I think i'll have to give that a whirl! :)
    g_angel wrote: »
    Gas or charcoal?
    Gas or charcoal?

Charcoal.
    yes but Manda that's not the point!

Well my bad for trying to share my cheapness :p