Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

fringes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was thinking about gbetting one but my hair is in a permanant part :p I'/ve tried before and no matter what I do, the bangs just keep the part and I look dumb. Any tips on how to get rid of that so I can try it out again?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well wouldn't you need to have a fringe cut in first to stop the part?
    Well I said I was going to try them if I got any tips... I'm not going to chop them off if I can't get an idea on how to keep it looking alright. And as I said, last time I did it the part in the bangs wouldn't go away!
    I have a big thick blunt cut fringe.

To stop it parting, you need to blow dry it first, and either with your fingers or a comb, pull it forward as you're drying it. Sometimes I wear my hair wavy so don't bother blow drying the rest, but I always need to blow dry my fringe, repeatedly combing it forward until it's bone dry.

Then what you can do to help is get some hairspray, and spray it on to your comb. Wave the comb a little bit and then when the hairspray is almost but not quite dry, comb your fringe forward so you're putting a little bit of spray on your fringe.

Finally, keep the comb with you so you can comb it forward throughout the day if it starts to part.

The main thing is to get it trimmed regularly (every 2-3 weeks). If it gets too long and gets in your eyes, you'll start to push it out of your eyes which will make it part.
    I'd suggest when your hair is wet to brush it how you want it and makes sure your hair stays there while its drying. That;s what i do when i want to change my parting. Might take a few days to stay in its place but it should eventually, and as jamelia said, using hairspray will also help.
    jamelia wrote: »
    I have a big thick blunt cut fringe.

To stop it parting, you need to blow dry it first, and either with your fingers or a comb, pull it forward as you're drying it. Sometimes I wear my hair wavy so don't bother blow drying the rest, but I always need to blow dry my fringe, repeatedly combing it forward until it's bone dry.

Then what you can do to help is get some hairspray, and spray it on to your comb. Wave the comb a little bit and then when the hairspray is almost but not quite dry, comb your fringe forward so you're putting a little bit of spray on your fringe.

Finally, keep the comb with you so you can comb it forward throughout the day if it starts to part.

The main thing is to get it trimmed regularly (every 2-3 weeks). If it gets too long and gets in your eyes, you'll start to push it out of your eyes which will make it part.

Fuck thats a lot of work :p Well the liquor is flowing tonight so we will see if I have bangs tomorrow. Thanks for the advice :D I don't own hairspray but do have various anti-frizz/straightening serums do you think that will work fine? I doubt hairspray can be that expensive though...
    Nah, it's not as much work as it sounds. I am super lazy and when I got it cut in, I told the guy I need low maintenance hair because I don't want to spend ages styling it. Like I said, I rarely blow dry the rest - I scrunch it and leave it to curl, or if I want it straight, wait till it's dry then get the ghds on it.

The only real effort is that you have to blow dry it when it's wet, but that takes five minutes a day maximum. I don't always bother to put hairspray on it, but if you were going to do that you 'd need to buy proper hairspray rather than serum which will be too oily and greasy. But my hairspray cost me about 79p, so you can buy it very cheaply!
    I agree with jamelia's advice, it doesn't actually take as long to do as it sounds (I am the laziest person ever when it comes to my hair and even I can manage it in the mornings :D ) As for the part in your hair, it's a matter of perseverance - it may seem like it's never going to do what you want but eventually it does sort itself out. I went from having hair in a midddle parting to having a thick blunt fringe and had the same problem for a while but got there in the end. As jamelia says too, make sure you get it cut often, as mine still parts in two when it gets too long.
    Sorry I didn't understand the question!

Well you could always have a fringe WITH a part. I took a pic of jessica alba into the hairdressers last time and havve a fringe like this

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00024/Jessica_Alba_attends_24927t.jpg
    I'm awful at explaining things! Thanks for the photo option.
    I have a cows lick too (aswell as an annoying part) so I have to be careful with what fringe I get.