Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

disposable income?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Piecesofme - How come your rent is so low? If that includes the bills and council tax, then you're doing absolutely amazing!!

Ha I should have mentioned I still live at home! Luckily I never had to pay rent to my mum when I lived at home during my last 2 years of uni. It's only fair now that I start to give her something, especially as I will be earning alot more than what she does!
    Also this is why I won't be moving out for a looonnng time ;):p
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Blimey, what do you do? Job wise?

Actually I can't stand programming, I'm an IT infrastructure consultant and I'm the lowest paid person in my team, but also the youngest....hoping to move out to dubai soon where it's tax free so would be closer to £3500 per month take home pay :yes: but it is damned expensive out there, especially if you like your drink.
  • Options
    My SOA has gone down LOADSSSSS recently because I moved back in with my dad.

Take home pay - £1300
    Rent = £200
    Credit card = £50
    Overdraft = £100
    Bus pass = £50

Disposable income = £900

and the rest is left over. Joy. I cannot remember ever having this much money before :D I tend to put £150 into savings now though
  • Options
    My food is deducted from pay at source, if i take off my loan payments etc and debt stuff. Around £750 a month.
  • Options
    Let's see... I've never worked this out myself, I probably should have.

Take home: £947
    Rent: £305 (inc. bills)
    Phone: £52
    Train ticket: £70
    Web hosting: £15
    LOVEFiLM: £14 (Should probably cancel this, had the same disks for > a month)

That leaves me with £491. What the FUCK do I do with that? I'm always skint by the end of the month. I suppose it's about £30 a week on lunch at work... food for home about £30 a month. The rest on going out, gig tickets etc.

Ah well, £300 extra a month to piss up the wall from next month.
  • Options
    I think Senior Miguel is a programmer. I'm currently learning programming, php to be precise, as the money in it, is undeleivable.

Don't believe the hype! I'm a PHP dev, not that much money in it.
    I started straight from school, on a pathetic £14k (although not that bad considering all I have is GCSEs), and now I'm moving to another job on £19k after just over a year.
    Comp sci. grads outside of London will probably start on about £17k.
  • Options
    My pay should be going up by £300 a month (before tax) in july, so should be good.
  • Options
    drachir wrote: »
    I started straight from school, on a pathetic £14k (although not that bad considering all I have is GCSEs), and now I'm moving to another job on £19k after just over a year.

I'm on a placement at a computer company at the moment which pays 14k. Graduate roles here start at about 20k which isn't too bad at all.
  • Options
    My disposable is almost non-existant right now. Not cool.
  • Options
    drachir wrote: »

I started on 25k outside London, that's gone up to 27k for the grads coming in this year. Which is slightly above the market average but 25k was below apparently and it was raised to increase applications.
  • Options
    Actually I can't stand programming, I'm an IT infrastructure consultant and I'm the lowest paid person in my team, but also the youngest....hoping to move out to dubai soon where it's tax free so would be closer to £3500 per month take home pay :yes: but it is damned expensive out there, especially if you like your drink.
    OMG im not going to be a lone siter out here anymore! :D

After savings, loans, credit cards, food, bills and everything else we have about £2k disposable income.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »

After savings, loans, credit cards, food, bills and everything else we have about £2k disposable income.

Richy Rich :p
  • Options
    About a fiver.
  • Options
    Somewhere in the minus.

My bf is on a fairly good wage, but cos im not working and we have 3 children, it soon gets eaten up, mainly on groceries
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »

And thats with two expensive babies! Want a third? (me :angel: I'm mostly potty trained and I clean sometimes too!)

I found a dime on the ground at the store today so this month I've doubled my spending cash... dont' be jelous Am! ;)
  • Options
    When I was working... IF I got £840 a month... That's a big if, as hours were cut... £840 was for 40 hour weeks...

£375 on rent
    £40 transport
    £52 council tax
    £20 phone bill
    HSA bills (£8.50 + 7.99)
    £70 food
    £40 bills

Around £50 a week... Though some months I lived on £500 and was late with rent.

Sometimes I couldn't afford regular proper meals :no:

Now I just got unemloyed, so will have no disposable income
  • Options
    As of the last couple weeks we've been down to 4 days a week/32 hours at work so now lets see my bills...

1240 wages
    500 rent
    30 phone
    60 gas
    45 gym
    34 car insurance
    85 prescriptions
    150 auto savings

336 for food and the rest... I should be able to do it though I've never seen a dime at months end. I must be missing some bills in there. It is funny... I never buy anything for myself... do I really spend that much on food? :shocking: No wonder I'm a bit chubby :o

I should really temporarily suspend my retirement savings until we are back up to 40 hours a week.
  • Options
    I have about £450 after mortgage, bills, insurances, phones, petrol and food etc. Like most other people i have no idea where that goes though! Makes you think! When i was a student i lived on alot less and got by.
  • Options
    Hmm. I used to have 1850 TL after rent and bills which is £740. Pretty good! But now I am only working part time, so as of next month I will have only £350. I have to be more careful from now on.

Life isn't cheap here but it's a lot cheaper than England.