Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rant :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, just thought I would come on here to have a quick rant about something....

I noticed this cute guy at work over a month ago, noticed him noticing me, and it was fun to have someone hot to watch across the office. Anyway he followed me to the printer one day and managed to get my work email address from the screen and started emailing me.

We just chatted and flirted over email but neither of us talked much about our personal lives, just about work and what we were getting up to at the weekend etc.

Anyway eventually we ended up kissing in the basement of the building I work in, and would meet down there a few times a week when he was in the office. It was fun to have a secret and someone to email and pass the time with during the day, and I was incredibly attracted to him.

After a couple of weeks I started wondering why he hadn't suggested meeting out of work, so I asked him and he told me that he had just come out of a relationship but was still living with his ex and so didn't know what he could offer right now. Alarm bells started ringing but I told him if he was a single man it was fine (he assured me he was), that I wasn't looking for a relationship just someone to flirt with and have fun. We clearly fancied the hell out of each other and to be honest I was happy just to be able to flirt and maybe end up in bed, so we agreed we'd just keep things as they were.

As the weeks have worn on however he started texting me less and less, started emailing less and less, and generally seemed less bothered. Sometimes he would go on a training course for a few days and I would text him just to say hi/something dirty but he just blanked me, then would come back into work and email me as if everything was fine, kiss me and have a grope in the basement or in my car after work, and then I wouldn't have any contact with him again for days.

To be frank I have been getting more and more suspicious about his claim he is single, as even when he was texting me a lot he would only do it at certain times of the evening or when he was completely alone at the weekend, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt as he seemed quite a genuine person.

Anyway today I asked him if he wanted to meet in my car after work and he told me he had to stay late because he had a lot of work to do (told me this last Friday as well when he'd already suggested meeting after work then at the last second claimed he had too much on and couldn't make it). I actually also had a lot to do so ended up staying about 15 minutes later than I normally would. When he saw I wasn't leaving at my normal time he fired a quick email to me asking what time I was leaving, to which I replied I wasn't sure. Next thing I know he has packed up and headed out of the building on his way home without even saying goodbye to me. Just makes it look basically like he didn't have to work late at all, but was bullshitting me and didn't want to meet up with me after work (probably had to get home to his girlfriend!).

So I text him on the way home from work and just said - "if you have any respect for me please don't text or email me again, and if we work together in the future we can just be amicable. Thanks."

I just feel really pissed off and a bit stupid to be honest :( life is too short to waste on men who don't even have time for sex that is being offered to them on a plate! And I really hate being lied to; today indicates to me that he isn't an entirely honest person and now I am really really suspicious that he had a girlfriend all along and that I was just being used as a bit on the side, text wank material when he was bored at the weekend and an ego boost during the week.

I am by no means an overbearing person, don't text or email him excessively, and basically I was offering him free sex which never ended up happening because he never seemed to be able to find the time to spend with me. I just feel sad because I don't think I've ever felt so physically attracted to anyone and he was cool, we got along really well and everything. Think I've done the right thing to ask him not to contact me anymore though, as I don't want to spend my life waiting around for someone who may or may not find five minutes to kiss me, you know? As things have been the past couple of weeks it feels like I have been waiting around for him in case he text me and wanted to meet up, but clearly he isn't really bothered at all so it is time to move on I think.

What is anyone elses opinion? I just feel sad and frustrated with myself, and annoyed nothing is going to happen with someone I felt so much chemistry with!

Comments

• Options
    Well these sorts of things happen and I would say, you may have thought that you had chemistry but it's very easy for people to pretend to like you/have the same interests and stuff just to get in with you. (i'm not saying this happned with you but it does happen)

You did the right thing by cutting contact with him as you clearly waited long enough for him, and if he already has a girlfriend, well thats not the kinda guy you wanna get involved with.
  • Options
    I've felt like this before... It is frustrating but there's no point kidding yourself if he isn't reciprocating your feelings.

I reckon you did the right thing by cutting off contact. Don't let yourself be used cos you're better than that!

Haha yeah life is too short to waste time on men who don't respond to amorous advances ;)
  • Options
    Thanks guys. You are right pearyclaire, the most annoying thing about the situation to me is that we could have had a lot of fun together, some amazing sex and fun flirting at work, and now that isn't going to happen but I can't stop thinking about it. I guess I will get over it in time but seeing him in the office sometimes is going to make things really difficult, I am just so incredibly attracted to him (don't know why as he isn't even someone I would class as good looking really, but there is just that chemistry!). It has been a long time since I've felt that.
  • Options
    Haha, your experience reads so much like mine its unreal :P
    Yeah its wierd when you're attracted to someone so much even though you sometimes don't even know why!! And its sad when you know it couldve been so much fun.

Its kind of like a minor break up, but without knowing what the sex was like :blush:

But hey ho, it's just lust, a powerful emotion that you'll feel again, hopefully with someone a bit ...better. ;)
  • Options
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    Are you sure he is a man?

LOL when i asked my male friends about my personal situation they pretty much all replied straightaway "He's GAY."

So, y'know...something to think about!
  • Options
    Hammeringinmyhead, when your friend comes out the office stationary closet, you have Trashed and myself to congratulate on our insight ;)
  • Options
    Id give you a go :naughty::naughty:

Im glad you stop wasting your time with him, seriously i can't believe you offered him sex practically and he turned it down. Are you sure he is a man?

Haha thanks! I can confirm by certain physiological reactions that he is not gay (unfortunately!). He text me last night saying - "I have no idea why you've made the decision you have, but I'll respect it. Shame x". I just text back and said "I appreciate you are busy at work, just having fun with someone is fine but you make me feel like asking for a minute of your time is a massive inconvenience. If you really wanted to see me (do me), you would. But you don't."

But yeah it makes no sense?! If he had ever said lets go to X place at Y time and get it on, fine, but the only time he has ever seen me outside of work has been a literally last second thing where I have dropped everything and where he has had to be back home within an hour.

Grr rubbish men! But I still want him! lol
  • Options
    Id give you a go :naughty::naughty:

QUOTE]

Oh so the love of your life that you want to marry cant be that important then :P