Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tooth whitening

has anyone ever had this done?

is it actually worth the money? how long does it last before it needs doing again?

also, when ive googled up tooth whitening, there seems to be soooooooo many methods and im not sure which one is the best! does anyone know which method works the best and lasts the longest?

ta :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Methods that work best and last the longest are generally the most expensive and damaging ones.

The simple split is bleaching methods that try and change the surface colour, and more harsh cleaning that takes off the surface.

How long it lasts depends on what you do that discolours teeth after you do it.

Red wine, smoking, tea, cola, coffee, and it won't last long. Having given those up and you should get long term results.
  • Options
    i would buy 'crest night effects' off ebay.

its what i used when i was in america and it worked pretty well. you paint the gel onto your teeth, leave it on overnight, brush it off in the morning and repeat for 2 weeks. then voila whiter teeth. howeverrrrr im pretty naive and i dont even know if its really damaging to them, what exactly it does etc etc, so you may want to check that out first haha. i know lots of people who have used it though and they were all fine. i just bought another off ebay. not sure if you want a more permanent solution though cos this only lasts up to a year.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Methods that work best and last the longest are generally the most expensive and damaging ones.
    ^That.
    As I said to someone the other day, there's no use having good-looking teeth that aren't good teeth, so be careful what you choose to do.
  • Options
    Crest Whitening Strips off ebay :thumb:
  • Options
    Don't brush too hard or you end up with patches of discolour on your teeth from over brushing

You can get toothpaste with peroxide in it - seen it abroad but not seen it on sale in the UK
  • Options
    I also suggest Crest white strips. I got a box off ebay for about £15 ages ago and my teeth are still pretty white so I really recommend them, plud saves spending hundreds having it done at the dentist.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    Don't brush too hard or you end up with patches of discolour on your teeth from over brushing

You can get toothpaste with peroxide in it - seen it abroad but not seen it on sale in the UK
    Brushing has nothing to do with the spots. Its calcification and can be caused by poor nutrition, too much floride or it can be genetic.
  • Options
    You can get the crest whitening strips off amazon too :yes:

I've not tried they yet but heard good things about them!
  • Options
    I find that brushing your teeth everyday with a normal toothpaste then afterwards, using Pearl Drops whitens your teeth to a satisfactory standard..

No need for expensive stuff, but I guess my teeth have never been that yellow anyway.