Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where do granny panties come from?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm confident nearly every woman owns a pair (though one of my friends denies this... she is obviously weird :p) Like wire hangers though, everybody seems to have them but no idea where they came from. I don't remember ever going to a store picking up a big ugly pair of panties and thinking I must have these. Yet somehow they are in my drawer. Mystery of the world.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont actually own any granny pants :p

unless girly boxers count? thats about as big as my pants get.

the rest are french knickers and thongs!
    The only big pants I wear are Rich's boxers (which I am wearing today because I had chaffage yesterday and they're way more forgiving). I also have girly boxers (basically all I wear) but they're not 'big'.
    i have some granny pants i bought to wear after giving birth. I should just throw them out. Its been over a year
    some pants have turned into granny pants because they have been in the wash many a time and the elastic has gone and it's gone a bit grey, but i dont want to throw them out
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sometimes, when a great-grandpa panty and a great-grandma panty love each other very much...
    i have not so big knickers, but they're black...and thus i believe that discounts them???
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    some pants have turned into granny pants because they have been in the wash many a time and the elastic has gone and it's gone a bit grey, but i dont want to throw them out

:yes: I have pants like this - one day long ago they were nice pants, now not so much!!
    Sometimes, when a great-grandpa panty and a great-grandma panty love each other very much...

I LOLed. Very clever :lol:
    you're so right you know, i found a couple of pairs when i was going through my underwear drawer a while ago and i remember thinking what the hell, i never bought those! i think sometimes it just happens to brief style knickers when they've been through the wash a few too many times. i never wear them through the day but you cant beat putting a nice clean pair of comfy granny knickers on to sleep in at night :thumb: or is that just me...only when im sleeping alone though haha.
    Ohhh we used to have to wear granny pants to do athletics at school - as in over our real knickers as it were.

I think any other random pantage i have can be explained by christmas presents from my mother who is convinced i'm a size 14 when i'm not at all so anything she buys is always big and saggy - nice....
    Yep I think there from Christmas, I definetly didn't buy any but I bet if I went through my drawer I could find a pair. I prefer girls boxers.

Imagine if they came back into fashion... Where they ever in?:chin:
    I have girl boxers and french knickers, they are the biggest ones i've got :) Now i don't have periods (yey!) I don't need any 'period pants' hehe
    I have a few pairs of granny pants that are mega comfy! I don't wear thongs, french kinickers or girly boxers as they are just so uncomfy. And thongs are just a pain in the arse (literally!)

I just wear comfy knickers, ever so practical and un-sexy, ha :blush:
    i have some granny pants i bought to wear after giving birth. I should just throw them out. Its been over a year

This and i used to use them as period pants