Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

scary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this morning I woke up with period pains which i had been expecting for a while. i went to the bathroom where i came over really shaky and weak. i felt so hot and sweaty all of a sudden and like i couldn't move. i assumed i was going to be sick or something so i stayed in the bathroom for longer. it was really scary and i hadn't experienced feeling that horrible before. i made it to my room and collapsed on my bed experiencing really heavy abdominable pain. im not sure if that is the right word? it felt like the worse period pains ever, like something heavy was pressing down in my stomach where my butt was. sorry to be graphic!

at one point i thought i was dying, it was so messed up. i couldnt get hold of my mum and the next thought was to go onto nhs direct but i couldnt get to the computer. i nearly rang for an ambulance. after a while of being in agony, it all just stopped.

no idea what caused it. sickness cant last for 30 minutes and then go? im scared in case it comes back and no one is in again.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had something like that once. I woke up really early. And I was bathed in sweat. My sheets were literally soaked. I was shaking as if I'm cold (I was if I recall correctly) and I had high fever and was pale as bone. It's been a while but I was really panicky (which I am usually never), and I think really short-breathed, which is weird, because I usually never have problems like that.

I took a shower, went to the living room and slept a few more hours until my parents getting up woke me up. When I woke up it was as if I had never had a thing and felt actually rather good. Even the fever was gone.

If it was just a one time thing let it slide, I say, but if it's happening regularly from now on, look for medical help?
    yeah I think that is what I'll have to do. It just shook me up a bit because I'm a big wimp when it comes to medical things. I really dont think it was a panic attack, I've had those before and this really felt like a physical illness. thanks matthias!
    Ohh i had that twice - really odd and weird and unexplained waking up feeling sick (and shamefully throwing up in my dads front garden) and awful period pains - the good news is that that was over 10 years ago now and i've not had it since (touch wood).
    I'm hoping it's just hormones going a bit crazy. Have started my period now. I hate the build up of pain when you just want it to happen! Blahhh
    How much did you drink/eat? If you're dehydrated or haven't eaten in a while it can make period cramps much worse. I get that kind of pain all the time but then my cramps are, it seems, unusually bad. A big hot water bottle, plenty of water and some good food in you usually helps, even if you don't want to eat anything.

Glad you're feeling better though :).
    thanks :) i had eaten quite a big tea, (roast in fact!) and drank my usual amount, it's a mystery..
    It might just be that it was heavier/more painful this month. Mine varies a lot but because I'm used to the pain I don't notice so much. But there are times when I am doubled up for two or three days because of it. When I came off my injection and had my first period on the pill I felt the same as you because I'd become unused to the pain.
    oh dear! if it starts being like this every month me thinks the pill is in order.
    Hey clementine_the_tangerine :wave:

Hope your feeling much better, it sounded a really scarey experience.

Period pains are a funny one and very individual,why dont you check out the NHS website.

Also you may want to make an appointment with your GP just to get some professional advice.

Take care :)
    hi thanks, i'm going to make an appointment at my gp next week when i get back to uni to make sure it isnt anything too crazy
    Hello :wave:

Good luck, keep us posted how you get on and if you dont mind sharing the advice may help other users too :)

Take care
    will do :)