Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hairdressers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone else hate going to the hairdressers?

i hate the feeling of having perfect shiny hair afterwards because my face doesnt feel like it matches it at all, blahh. it takes me about a week to settle into a new cut/colour and rough it up a bit.

anyone else?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ah i can never go out after i've had my hair done, im in too much shock and have to stew on it for ages
    I don't like the 'wooshy' sensation you get from it lol, like that noise?
    I quite like it.

But then I get a wet cut so it has some hope of settling down into the new length and the curls sort them selves out. The styling bit at the end never seems to be 'me' so I don't have it done, saves money time and faff.
    I hate going. It makes me anxious, plus they always give me a Newsround blow dry :(
    It's ok. I like getting my hair shorter, but I don't really look the "all fresh" look. The hair look so "cut" (hee-haw). After a while when they grow back a bit they are not all the same length and it's better for organized bed hair.

/e: after all I go to my aunt's saloon and I get everything for free, so that's a good +
    it's too neat and i can never put it just pin it up because it always falls out
    i love it, this is probably really sad but i always feel pretty after i've been to the hairdressers and got perfect hair, it boosts my self esteem right up hehe. im always disappointed though when i wash it myself and cant get it to look like that ever again. when im really really rich (probably never) i want to be one of those women who has their hair done 4 times a week or something. haha.
    I love going to the hairdressers - see it as a bit of a treat, the massage chair, having my hair washed, getting to sit about and read magazines while it's chopped...but although my cut's always spot on I don't like my hair straight after they do it. They always use far too many styling products so it feels greasy and :yuck: straight away. They get it straighter than I can, but I always wash it and do it again myself if I'm going out later that night, because I can't stand the greasy overloaded with products feeling.
    I also feel like it ends up too flat because I have really fine hair and they over straighten/style it.

oh this.
    they always straighten my hair, even though it is the STRAIGHTEST HAIR IN THE WORLD anyway. and it's quite fine so it goes all lifeless and crap. i do like having my hair done, but i like to read my magazine and not be hassled about the holiday i won't be going on or have to make small talk with someone who i have absolutely nothing in common with apart from the fact that we both have heads. it makes me grumpy :grump:
    i really like going to the hairdressers but i really get on with my hairdresser, and she also spends about 15 mins talking through what i want...

i always end up having big hair...or curly hair, which i like...

but i think it takes time to find a really good hairdresser...
    I hate it when hairdressers are really rough and pull your hair, they always seem to do it to me and it really hurts :(
    I love going to the hairdressers, I like having my hair messed with :blush:

I like when they give you a really good hair massage and you are all relaxed and chilled :)
    i like going to the hairdressers as i come out with nice hair.

HOWEVER, i hate going if you get me. i don't trust them!

last time i went to the hairdressers (few weeks back), i asked them to put more volume in my hair which they did as they added layers, etc but when they dried it, they did something weird and i came out with proper big hair.

i then had to walk around town looking like a mong :razz: my boyfriend liked it but i realllllly didn't. didn't suit me!