Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Freezing hands and feet... and lips :S

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, I have a little problem that i've had to some extent for as long as I can remember.

I suffer from extremely cold hands and feet all the time, even in summer. I figured this is likely down to bad circulation (I don't smoke) and therefore wasn't much I could do about it.

However, in the past six months I have begun getting purple lips too (although only when air temp/ wind chill factor is about 5 degrees or less). My boyfriend thinks I need to see a doctor about it. Should I go? Should I be worried?

My personal view is I'm not too bothered by it all, as I have always suffered from cold hands/feet, but it doesn't help with my confidence issues, always having to apologise!

What do you guys and girls think?

Comments

• Options
    I'm the same. Not so much hands, but feet go purple if I don't keep them warm. Also get the blue lip thing.

Just try and keep warm I guess.
    And regular exercise will help with circulation.
  • Options
    Talk to your GP about it. A sluggish metabolism can result in a low body temperature. Even after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and on medication to get my hormones back up to the typical levels, my basal body temperature is 35.4C.
  • Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi greenday88,

Click_to_see_more is right that there could be something underlying these symptoms, for instance Raynaud's. If this is true, a doctor will be able to diagnose it, and there are likely to be some small dietary or behavioural things you could do to help.

Worth a try?:)