Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sick of clumpy mascara!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone recommend me a good lengthening mascara that doesn't clump? Preferably around the £10 or under mark? Am sick of spending money on mascaras that claim not to clump then finding they end up sticking all my eyelashes together in a horrid way.

And I do replace them regularly, so I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohhh I hate mascara that does this!

I got given one at christmas which was just by No7 at Boots and it's called Intense Volume (it's in a black bottle) and it doesn't clump at all and make your eye lashes stck together, it looks really nice!

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10551&productId=15589 This is it, although I didn't realse it was that expensive!

This is another good one that I used to use alot http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=10355&callingViewName=&categoryId=4996&langId=-1&catalogId=11051
    i find great lash by maybelline to be the best all rounder in this respect. The best thing to stop clumps though is to just make sure you just get a new mascara every couple of months whether its finished or not
    MAC Dazzlelash or Plushlash. £9.79 and I lovvvvvvvvvve them both.

Also to stop it clumping, tilt your head back and wiggle the brush when you're applying it. That separates your lashes and stops it getting so clumpy.
    I'm a big fan of the Maybelline one in the green tube. :thumb:

Also agree that changing them often really helps to stop clumpiness!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    This is good

438030_l.jpg
    Olive wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of the Maybelline one in the green tube. :thumb:

me too! although the one i bought the other day doesnt seem to get rid of the excess mascarra on the brush as well as it usually does..
    Thanks for this everyone.

I really do change them often - every two to three months. I have been using the maybelline one in the green tube the last two or three times, but I only bought this latest one a month or so ago and it's clumping. Maybe it just needs replacing, as I was happy with that brand before. I just don't want to fork out for a new one and then find it's the same.

I tend to prefer lengthening mascaras to volumising ones for this reason - so many volumising mascaras seem to clump, in my experience.
    Warming the tube up with a hairdryer or in a cup of warm water might help thin it out a bit.
    L'Oreal Telescopic all the way babe!

I swear by it. It adds length and thickness without the usual clumpiness of other mascaras.

If your mascara clumps, try dipping the end of the comb/wand in water then put it back in the tube, shake it and use. Works amazingly well. Don't over soak it though!

x
    i find great lash by maybelline to be the best all rounder in this respect.

this one's in my makeup bag and i like it lots :yes: