Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shroom Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey a couple of friends found a couple of huge mushrooms a couple of days ago and wanted to find out if they were shrooms. I've not got my field guide yet so I was wondering if anyone could identify them for me?

l_543447368fc544a0ab6d77a13df2bbbc.jpg

l_adb2a30150c7472a832544a271a46dbc.jpg

Its not likely, but its worth a shot.

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    No.

They're not shrooms, and you shouldn't eat them unless you can 100% identify them as edible.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They are far from shrooms, and if in the UK, you've got the wrong time of year for them..

Personally i'd opt out of the shroom picking until you find an expert.
    Thought as much.

Yeah I thought as much, but it was worth a shot.

Although I've been lucky enough to find some at this time of year already. =]
    Erm do you have any idea what you are doing? What did you think they were out of interest?

because if you don't I wouldn't go around randomly picking mushrooms, it's what we call a BAD IDEA. Unless you don't like your liver?
    Although I've been lucky enough to find some at this time of year already. =]

Not pyscoactive mushrooms you havn't.

Out of season for all UK psycoactive UK mushrooms, both Aminitas and Psilocybe species occur later in the year.
    Weekender Offender 
    Seriously you do realise that some mushrooms can poison you just by touching them, ingestion can lead to a very slow and painful death so if and/or your mates don't know what they are doing they should leave well alone.

I can't even see what sort of psychoactive mushroom you/your mates might have thought these were?
    sneer wrote: »
    Seriously you do realise that some mushrooms can poison you just by touching them

I think you'll find that there arn't. Even the most deadly Aminitas need to injested for poisoning to occur.

You are right though in that mushroom poisoning has to be one of the worst ways to die.
    Weekender Offender 
    shh! I'm trying to scare the shit out them so they dont mess around! ;)