Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What does MDMA powder look like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend of mine at the weekend offered me some coke but I didn't like the look of it. I had a dab to test and it wasn't the normal coke powder but almost looked like very fine castor sugar granules. It didn't taste the same or deaden my mouth in any way either.

He and another friend had a couple of lines each and they said that it didn't feel like normal coke up their nose (it burned slightly) - and it REALLY monged them out seriously bad. So bad that they couldn't even stand or go out. I am sure it wasn't ketamine but I wondered whether it was MDMA powder. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Or just coke mixed with some awful crap.
  • Options
    Good MDMA should come in crystal form. Even when it's crushed, cut and sold as ' MDMA powder', it's usually very crystally and sticky.
    It also has a very distinctive taste....fucking horrible. Like really fucking horrible, I think you'd know. It also burns like fuck to snort.
    It may have been MDMA....crushed and cut to fuck or could have been coke cut to fuck. Possibly even shitty crushed up pills mixed with something.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm. Thanks for that. I don't remember it being sticky but it certainly was crystallised (I was a bit stoned at the time). I really don't think it was coke. I'm just glad that I erred on the side of caution.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Good MDMA comes as rather large crystals.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Crystaly all the way and almost gooey.. and might I add, one hell of a night :-)
  • Options
    Best MDMA looks like this. And is not Gooey!

800px-1g_MDMA-HCl.jpg
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Thanks Skive. It defo wasn't MDMA then. Maybe ketamine although I don't know if it gave them that out-of-body experience.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Thanks Skive. It defo wasn't MDMA then. Maybe ketamine although I don't know if it gave them that out-of-body experience.

Could well have been Ketamine...it is crystally and burns more than coke. I always find Ket gives an almost 'minty' fresh sensation and taste when you snort it, but a very bitter one.
    Whatever it was, it sounds like it was cut with alot of shit, so probably for the best you gave it a miss.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    MDMA might come like that, but usually you'll find it looks more like this ...
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/MDMA_crystals.JPG

Just because it wasn't in massive chunks, doesn't mean it wasn't MDMA.

Also, MDMA is not gooey unless someone's been dabbing it and it gets wet, and even then it's not gooey like speed. Otherwise it would just be a dry solid ranging from big rocks, to salt-like crystals, to fine sugar.
  • Options

Just because it wasn't in massive chunks, doesn't mean it wasn't MDMA.

Also, MDMA is not gooey unless someone's been dabbing it and it gets wet, and even then it's not gooey like speed. Otherwise it would just be a dry solid ranging from big rocks, to salt-like crystals, to fine sugar.

Yup, thats if you manage to get it in its purest state which is very rare, usually it is mixed before you get to see it :-)
  • Options

Looks pretty much the same to me. A mixture of small and larger crystals.

Calvin, you will find you get slightly different shades of colour. I've seen almost red MDMA before. That's obviously shows impurities but that doesn mean it's not going to blow your head off.
    Yup, thats if you manage to get it in its purest state which is very rare, usually it is mixed before you get to see it :-)

It's not rare at all. MDMA most commonly looks like the pics Woooooah and I posted. I've never had gooey or wet MDMA.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I've never had gooey or wet MDMA.

Me either.
  • Options
    I agree - I don't see MDMA as a drug that should be cut (not that coke should, but that's the nature of it now). I would not accept anything other than decent stuff.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Calvin, you will find you get slightly different shades of colour. I've seen almost red MDMA before. That's obviously shows impurities but that doesn mean it's not going to blow your head off.

Yep I've had large reddish crystals before, was fucking nice mandy actually.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Yep I've had large reddish crystals before, was fucking nice mandy actually.

Isnt the red colour left over from the synth and its the safarras (or how ever the hell you spell it)?
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Isnt the red colour left over from the synth and its the safarras (or how ever the hell you spell it)?
    Yes as far as I know decolourisation from brown to colourless depends on the number of acetone washes.