Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Meeting someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When meeting someone for the first time, what places would you recommend and things to do?

I've read the whole Do's & Don'ts, But I'm totally unsure what to do :chin:

Could go Ice skating, Movies, meal ect, but if your meeting someone new, why would you want to keep quiet for the next 2 hours!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is this an internet friend or potential girlfriend?
    Somwhere interesting and fun, i dunno like the zoo or seaworld. Its different and if there are times when you dont know what to say you can just talk about the animals and what they're doing etc.

Something like that anyway i say.
    Depends. In Vienna there are a lot of very old and traditional Cafés (It's a cultural thing here). It's the best way to get to know each other better, while slurping a coffee and having a slice of cake.
    Melian wrote: »
    Is this an internet friend or potential girlfriend?

Both.

Okay, I'll see whats going :)
    Shooting ranges?
    I would suggest something like a picnic. That way, you can talk to either and get to know each other better.
    Picnics are nice, though it looks like this summer is going to turn out like the two previous ones.
    Been bloody good weather on the whole up here for a while, and down south too!
    what about a pub? not very original...some pubs serve food which could create a romantic atmosphere. Cant remember my first date hehehehe...can anyone? Met some right funny people during my dating life...one took me to a wedding reception!!!
    MrG wrote: »
    Been bloody good weather on the whole up here for a while, and down south too!

Good for you. We've been completely washed out here.
    Things like the cinema are fine as long as you both spare some time for a drink or two after the movie. And the film is hopefully something to talk about as well.... amongst other things. Bit samey, bit cliched, but it normally does the trick.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Just somewhere simple - like a pub, casual restaurant. Nothing too much for a first date. Somewhere chilled, but not scruffy.
    Bowling Alley? I suck at bowling though.
    I think we're going to go up London and visit the zoo or something, I hate bowling! My feet are massive in those clown shoes!
    CoolMe wrote: »
    I think we're going to go up London and visit the zoo or something, I hate bowling! My feet are massive in those clown shoes!

Good man ;)
    Sounds like a good idea to me!
    Good luck :thumb: