Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ladies -a male masseur?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ladies - would you be put off by a male masseur?

I've always been good at masages and my local college is offering a foundation course, leading to more similar qualifications.

I'm thinking of going for this and working self-employed but would you be put off by a male masseur? If I do go for this my advertising would subtly assure people it is a legitimate service. I'd work on women AND men and where possible I'd encourage clients to have someone with them during the session (reassurance for them and a potential new client for me).

So ladies, over to you.

Comments

• Options
    only if your name was glenn quagmire!

i've never had a massage but would probably feel more comfortable with a woman but that's just because i'm weird. i imagine loads of ladies would be fine getting a massage from a bloke.
  • Options
    It honestly wouldn't bother me at all! They are there to do a job not to perve over women, so as long as they were good at there job it would be fine :)

I think you should do it! My friend is trained in a lot of holistic therapys and tanning/beauty and she makes quite a bit from going to peoples houses and doing it on the side of her other job!
  • Options
    Also dont' just assume that its ladies who have massages - lots of men do to! Mainly to relax or for sports injuries or all sorts of reasons - anyway i doubt it would be much of an issue.
  • Options
    If you want to practice on me feel free :cool:
  • Options
    lol thanks all.

I have no issue with massaging men or women but there's obviously an element of seediness attached to this in many people's minds. Yes I can be a right filthy bastard when I need to but when I've done this on people in the past I completely switch off and do the job in hand, even when I've massages some hotties (no names mentioned but one is a former Miss Wales and Big Brother housemate).

I guess I'm just concerned that some people will be put off. This sort of job wouldn't really need that much advertising, word-of-mouth seems to be the way and I'm hoping that will help reassure people too.
  • Options
    I have a female masseur but I've also met a male masseur before.

As has already been said, all kinds of people have massages. My mate's dad who's a builder goes once a month to free himself up after lugging heavy stuff about all the time :)
  • Options
    To avoid coming accross as being seedy you could probably pitch yourself more towards the sports audience
  • Options
    ... So you won't be offering extras??
  • Options
    lol nope
  • Options
    When we went on a cruise for our honeymoon it was standard practice for men to massage women and vice versa.

Nothing weird about it.