Home Work & Volunteering
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Ladies -a male masseur?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ladies - would you be put off by a male masseur?

I've always been good at masages and my local college is offering a foundation course, leading to more similar qualifications.

I'm thinking of going for this and working self-employed but would you be put off by a male masseur? If I do go for this my advertising would subtly assure people it is a legitimate service. I'd work on women AND men and where possible I'd encourage clients to have someone with them during the session (reassurance for them and a potential new client for me).

So ladies, over to you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    only if your name was glenn quagmire!

i've never had a massage but would probably feel more comfortable with a woman but that's just because i'm weird. i imagine loads of ladies would be fine getting a massage from a bloke.
    It honestly wouldn't bother me at all! They are there to do a job not to perve over women, so as long as they were good at there job it would be fine :)

I think you should do it! My friend is trained in a lot of holistic therapys and tanning/beauty and she makes quite a bit from going to peoples houses and doing it on the side of her other job!
    Also dont' just assume that its ladies who have massages - lots of men do to! Mainly to relax or for sports injuries or all sorts of reasons - anyway i doubt it would be much of an issue.
    If you want to practice on me feel free :cool:
    lol thanks all.

I have no issue with massaging men or women but there's obviously an element of seediness attached to this in many people's minds. Yes I can be a right filthy bastard when I need to but when I've done this on people in the past I completely switch off and do the job in hand, even when I've massages some hotties (no names mentioned but one is a former Miss Wales and Big Brother housemate).

I guess I'm just concerned that some people will be put off. This sort of job wouldn't really need that much advertising, word-of-mouth seems to be the way and I'm hoping that will help reassure people too.
    I have a female masseur but I've also met a male masseur before.

As has already been said, all kinds of people have massages. My mate's dad who's a builder goes once a month to free himself up after lugging heavy stuff about all the time :)
    To avoid coming accross as being seedy you could probably pitch yourself more towards the sports audience
    ... So you won't be offering extras??
    lol nope
    When we went on a cruise for our honeymoon it was standard practice for men to massage women and vice versa.

Nothing weird about it.