Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ryan Air wnt to charge for using toilets in flight

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Touche. Seville is one place where Ryanair wins.

If we try a destination where more airlines fly, such as Milan, suddenly Ryanair does not bode so well. Ryanair costs £133.38, around £8 more expensive than Easyjet- and from next week, £13 more, with the new charge.

Easyjet does have extras to add to the initial price seen on the screen, mainly the luggage charge, but Ryanair stand alone in advertising prices for flights that are sometimes 2 or 3% of the actual price you end up paying. If that is not false advertising and deceit, I don't know what is.

And look at this: British Airways, the airline that gives you free food and drink, and which doesn't fly you to airports that are up to 100km away from the city you're told you're being flown to (one of Ryanair's dirties and most despicable tricks, and one that adds extra money to your trip), it's actually £10 cheaper than Ryanair. Of course, if one had the temerity of wanting to drink something, have a sandwich and soon use the toilet in-flight, then Ryanair becomes nearly £20 more expensive than British Airways.

To me it's a moot point. I'd rather pay twice and fly British than put up with that odious airline and line the pockets of that cunt of a boss it has. But as it turns up, in many cases Ryanair can be the more expensive option as well.
  • Options
    I always try flying BA if I have the option. I don't care if it costs a bit more either, as I know I will save on the free food and drinks, and also by landing at preferential airports. No hidden charges - that's what I like.
  • Options
    Also if you go to some of the other airlines the check-in desk queues are 2 miles shorter than the "budget" airlines. bonus.
  • Options
    Greedy says the one with the ridiculous sense of entitlement.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote: »
    Greedy says the one with the ridiculous sense of entitlement.
    What? :confused:
  • Options
    I was thinking that, too.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    To me it's a moot point. I'd rather pay twice and fly British than put up with that odious airline and line the pockets of that cunt of a boss it has.

And that's the wonder of commercial competition.

I use Ryanair when they're cheap and I don't use them when they're not. The last few times I've been to Germany they've been cheap so I've flown with them. This time they're not, although they're still £300 cheaper than Lufthansa, so I'm going with P&O Ferries to Rotterdam and driving instead.

O'Leary's no worse than any other corporate boss, he's just more honest about it.
  • Options
    Ive loved reading this thread, Ryanair are horrible, shit customer support and sting you at every opertunity they get, but fuck it, they're cheap if you book way way in advanced and thats why I use them when flying glasgow - london, i can get some tix for couple quid return no tax etc, if they're expensive, i'll drive, at the end of the day its upto peoples choice, i dont care if im lining a cunts pocket, I cant afford to worry about that and frankly I dont give a shit about that,

tbh easyjets customer support is NO better than ryanair so i dont believe that is a valid argument,

The toilet thing is a bit shit though, but hey i'll just make sure I take a plastic bottle and clingfilm with me ;)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I can't think of many places where toilets are free anymore. At all National Rail (a Government agency, not a private company) managed train stations it now costs you 30p to go to the loo. So Ryanair aren't really charging that much more than the going rate.

National Rail don't own the train stations - Network Rail do - some are sublet to the TOCs.
  • Options
    FCUK it wrote: »
    National Rail don't own the train stations - Network Rail do - some are sublet to the TOCs.

Typo :o I know and understand the difference!