Home Travel & Free Time Creative
Take part in our next Watch Club on 2nd Feb at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the film In the Heights! Sign up to take part and receive your free NOW pass!
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

making jewellery with lovehearts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
i don't like loveheart sweets...they're really chalky...so i decided to make earrings, pendents and broches out of them.

but i haven't got a clue how i'm going to attach them to earring findings and such...any ideas??

also varnish? i need something to make them a bit more durable, what can i use??

thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You sure they will last? They're fairly soft - will you be able to 'varnish' them or something...?
    I made pill earrings and sealed them with polyurathane varnish (hobbycraft). Worked pretty well, with a couple of coats.

You could glue findings on, or you could maybe very carefully drill holes in with a small hobby drill before sealing. Not sure they wouldn't break, though.
    do you think solder would hold?
    ?! Solder is for joining two metals. I don't know how it would react to the request to bind to a sweet... Badly, I would suspect.
    Doubt it. I think solder is only for joining metals to other metals. I'd put my money on superglue or hot glue :yes:
    i may invest in a glue gun...
    i may invest in a glue gun...

They do mini ones in hobbycraft for about 8 quid, if there's one near. Handy for all occasions.
    unfortunatly the nearest one is watford which is about 10 miles away...i might order one online