Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

making jewellery with lovehearts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i don't like loveheart sweets...they're really chalky...so i decided to make earrings, pendents and broches out of them.

but i haven't got a clue how i'm going to attach them to earring findings and such...any ideas??

also varnish? i need something to make them a bit more durable, what can i use??

thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You sure they will last? They're fairly soft - will you be able to 'varnish' them or something...?
    I made pill earrings and sealed them with polyurathane varnish (hobbycraft). Worked pretty well, with a couple of coats.

You could glue findings on, or you could maybe very carefully drill holes in with a small hobby drill before sealing. Not sure they wouldn't break, though.
    do you think solder would hold?
    ?! Solder is for joining two metals. I don't know how it would react to the request to bind to a sweet... Badly, I would suspect.
    Doubt it. I think solder is only for joining metals to other metals. I'd put my money on superglue or hot glue :yes:
    i may invest in a glue gun...
    i may invest in a glue gun...

They do mini ones in hobbycraft for about 8 quid, if there's one near. Handy for all occasions.
    unfortunatly the nearest one is watford which is about 10 miles away...i might order one online