Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The war on drugs is working - coke impurity at highest levels on record!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    I'll quickly tell you a little about my own experience, just to show you where I'm coming from.

I had a good friend when I was younger who had all the same chances I had. Good school, good friends and family. For some reason, at 17 she started taking heroin and left home.
    Her parents were distraught, so were her friends. They offered to take her in, pay for the drugs to keep her at home, ANYTHING to keep her safe.
    Instead she became a prostitute. Her parents keep telling her to come home, we'll forgive you, we'll pay your debts.
    She refused.
    By 18 she was dead from an overdose.

I do show concern for people, i just have difficulty showing concern for people who don't hold any for anyone else but I will ALWAYS do everything I can to keep helping them, I may appear like an uncaring, unthinking sod on here, but I'm not, I do a lot of work in school with young people on drugs that doesn't involve me prosecuting them or having them kicked out.
  • Options
    You're a cop?
  • Options
    pcso, why?
    thought it was common knowledge lol.
  • Options
    Do you still have discrection regarding cannabis, or are you obliged to arrest/give written caution to anyone caught with a joint now it's back to B class?
  • Options
  • Options
    noone thinks you're a bad person and i'm sorry to hear about your friend whowhere, i lost my sister to drugs a few years ago and all it took was one dodgy pill to push her over the edge. waste of a life and a beautiful person, i still think if the market was better regulated there would be less chance of this kind of stuff happening.