Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

advertisments

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I usually watch 2 or 3 shows at a time and there is nothing more infuriating then when their commercial breaks line up.

I want to watch Christian Finnegan and I want to watch Forensic Files. I don't want to see tampon and tylenol pm commercials.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, it's deliberate - to avoid people switching between shows when adverts come on.

Hence the agreement by networks to line up the adverts and avoid the problem.

Used to be less like this in the UK but cable channels all line up as well these days - pisses me right off :grump:
    The worst thing is when you're all excited about some new show starting. You settle down and then 5 minutes into it the ads come on! So annoying!
    I hate this when watching stuff on sky one and film four. Always does it at the good bits. :grump:
    Ads make me mad - 10 mins of ads in half hour show! Gah

I do love some adverts though. I love the directory heaven one, always sing along. And I like the jingle from calgon :thumb:
    Jim V wrote: »
    Yeah, it's deliberate - to avoid people switching between shows when adverts come on.

Hence the agreement by networks to line up the adverts and avoid the problem.

Used to be less like this in the UK but cable channels all line up as well these days - pisses me right off :grump:

Its actually quite rare for me, but every once in a while it will happen and it when it does it really burns my butt cuz I'm not used to having to find yet another thing to watch! :p Though after about half the show the commercial breaks will un-sync
    i hate adverts. desperate housewives hardly even starts before the ads are on. and as for home and away, two ad breaks in half an hour - no need!