Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Codeine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this is the right forum but here it goes. I'm currently taking medicine for a dental abscess, antibiotics and also some paracodol and ibuprofen. This morning i took 1 pill of paracodol before realising i had a driving lesson in an hour. I went on my driving lesson and was absolutely fine, but did i break the law?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i doubt it
    No. I've been on codine alot for my foot and knee and I could still drive if I took one of them, however adviced not to when taking two,

however it all depends on the strengh, what is the strengh of the tablets?
    Erm I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it's not illegal but sometimes I take them and I'm ok and then other times I get all tingly and spacey (kind of like the MDMA tingles but obviously not as strong) which worried me a bit when I'm supposed to be taking instruction.

I have to say that my driving was fine but listening to my instructor was damn near impossible :S
    its down to the individual tbh! codeine will wipe the floor with some people, others are fine

as for legality... i dont think its breakin the law, but more case of commn sense!
    Its not a good idea to take them, obviously everyone is different but they are a sedative (hence the tingly and spaceyness when you take them). Codine, even as codomal floors me.