Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Must. Improve. Fitness!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ugh. I remember when I could push out 100 situps without breaking so much as a sweat and could spend an easy hour in the gym and come out simply feeling better.
A few years on, and 20 situps and a few lifts with some 10kg dumbells and I'm spent.

I need to improve everything - fitness, strength, stamina, the whole works. But everyone has to start somewhere.
I'm gonna try to start out with situps and free weights every night until I've built up to a reasonable base line for core strength and upper body, then try and go back to a gym.

Any hints on how to get back into it? Or is the best way just to hurl myself at a qualified trainer and say "Build me up!!" :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd say go for the trainer.

Pick a gym that will create you a personalised fitness program - but more importantly - will update it with you.

That way you can start out easy and build up to where you want to be safely, and with the help of someone who (hopefully) knows what they are talking about.
  • luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi Eddish

It’s not a nice feeling when you don’t feel fit, but just as your fitness levels decreased, they can easily ‘upped’ again.

This article on getting fit should give you some helpful tips.

Good luck!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks both :)