Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do you view politics and the media

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

We've had a request from Nikki, a college student, to post up some questions about young people's view of politics and the media - feel free to help her out by answering the questions if you can...

Might be worth saying a little bit about yourself as well, maybe just age - I realise that isn't asked for but it's bound to help with the demographics for the findings.

Hi,

This is a quick questionnaire for your views on politics and the media. If you could please give some feedback on the following questions, (there are no right or wrong answers) it will be greatly appreciated thank you.

1. What do you know about current political issues?

2. Do you feel that you, as a young person, are receiving enough information about politics?

3. How much time do you spend reading/ watching the political content of a medium (TV, newspapers etc) each week?
If you do not at all, why?

4. How do you view the relationship between politics and the media?

5. Do you think that the media reaches out enough to young people when discussing political issues?

6. Do you think that the media's portrayal of politics is fair and accurate?

7. How do you think the media can help raise young people's levels of awareness in politics?

8. What do you think could be done to increase a young persons' interest in politics?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Please help me out!!!

Hiya its Nikki here just a quick message to ask if you could answer these questions for me. You do not have to answer all of them and i dont expect you to spend alot of time on them atall. Please respond i really need your views its for my college exam. If you would rather reply through my email ad then you are more than welcome to. It's lilmissgiggles_15_11@hotmail.com It would be very much appreciated. Thanks.