Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pregnancy test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure whether to put this in relationships or health and wellbeing but here we go.

Had sex with my ex at the weekend, had to go and get the morning after pill which i havent done in ages. Was quite embarassing. He didn't even stick around to go with me :(

Anyway the chemist was a bit concerned that i hadnt had a period since the start of the year, but thats because thats when i came off the pill and it takes a while for them to come back, right?

I made the mistake to reporting back to the ex and he is freaking out and wanting me to take a pregnancy test. I told him it was pointless, as all the other times we had sex we were careful. But i agreed and he's buying a test for me to take at the weekend. I know he would secretly LOVE me to get pregnant, like it's the solution to our problems or something. His reaction is starting to make me worried...

Should i be?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Anyway the chemist was a bit concerned that i hadnt had a period since the start of the year, but thats because thats when i came off the pill and it takes a while for them to come back, right?

Hi ! Hope you are feeling ok? I basically spent 15 years on the pill, coming off it about twice for various reasons. Coming off it can disrupt the cycle, my period was about a week late, the first period I had that I was off the pill. If you haven't had one since the start of the year, that does sound like a long time...do you feel that there is a chance you might be pregnant? I really think you need to do a test. Taking the morning after pill, has no affect on a pregnancy once it has implanted, & you can't judge your ovulation when your not getting periods. I've recently had 2 miscarriages, they can happen with no bleeding for ages, so you know, anything can be going on & it's really best to know for sure. Good luck!
    I took a test and it was negative...phew!

Still can't wait to have a period tho...
    Good, you are pleased with that result, so the periods should return in time!