Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is the TV dead?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've got a project to do by tomorrow! - Is the TV dead?

Most of my hallmates use their laptops to watch TV, while I've got a good old fashioned box telly. How do you watch TV in halls? If it's with a laptop, why do you prefer that over a normal TV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not a student, but I watch TV generally, and use the computer when I miss something for whatever reason.

One common reason is reception. You used to be able to put up with a bit of crap reception on analogue TV, but even a little bit makes digital TV unwatchable. It was raining last night, so I couldn't watch the football. Pretty pathetic really. And at uni, it's often even worse because most people (when I was at uni, at least) were relying on indoor aerials which couldn't even cope with a car going past the window.

At uni, I didn't have internet in my room though, so it wasn't an issue.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Television definitely isn't dead. It's merely nowadays, people have a choice of whether to watch something on TV or not. Televisions will continue to be bought and watched for many more years. If you asked me whether I wanted to watch a movie on my laptop with some headphones, or on a large widescreen TV with high-quality surround sound speakers, the telly wins every time.