Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Government defeated in Gurkha residence rules

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh good news. The governments treatment of Gurkha's is disgusting.
  • Options
    Fantastic news and a humiliating defeat for Moron Broon to boot.

Can't get much better, unless Woolas falls under a bus or something.
  • Options
    Is there anything going right for the Prime Mentalist this week? Firstly, there's a petition on his own website calling for him to resign, which now has 31,000 signatures. Next, he's been condemned over his handling of the Gurkhas issue. Thirdly, accounts have come out of him having temper tantrums in Downing Street - he apparently throws pens and staplers at his own staff, throws mobile phones at walls when things go wrong, and has even shoved a laser printer off a desk in his rage. Stephen Byers (a good day to bury that man cannot come too soon) has harshly criticised the forthcoming 50p tax band and Charles Clarke has accused Gordon of being a bullying cunt. Well, in less colourful language.

Tomorrow, MPs are due to vote on the issue of their own expenses. Already he's had to ditch the proposal to replace the second homes allowance with an attendance allowance. (most of us receive an attendance allowance for work, it's called a salary) Yet there's still a considerable likelihood that Gordon will be defeated on this.

Still, I'm sure someone can go into the bunker to give the PM a news sandwich. Ideally, the aforementioned Phil "Custard Pie" Woolas - he's a minister I wouldn't mind throwing a stapler at.
  • Options
    A news sandwich? I think the guy needs a knuckle sandwich.