Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i am getting transfered to an adult psychiatric team.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well there changing the psychiatric team im under , as im 18 in october, and i hate the person who should be taking control of it. i have only met him once (he use to deal with my sister) and he is very patronising, rude and as my sister says he treats you as if your a number or statistic. she said that hes in it for the money and how its very obvious (she dosnt suffer from parranoia or delusions, she isnt scitzophrenic so i know it isnt a warped view). now me and mother are against the idea of him as he is an A-hole so we are going to try and arrange for a diffrent team to see me when i turn 18, i hope we do, as it has been pointed out a couple of times i only talk about stuff either annomously or with someone i have formed a relationship with, as i dont like him i think that i shouldnt be under his team. i have had very good teams up untill now ( from age 12 to 15 i was with CAMHS now im with a really good team, im just worried i dont get a psychiatrist or that i dont like as i will probobly not talk about stuff with him.)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can't you request someone else? It's pointless if you don´t get along with this guy.
    thats kinda what im trying to do, but theres like only one adult team in my part of birmingham. thanks for quick reply
    I don't know then. Maybe go to another part of Birmingham, if that's allowed?
    ill ask, i think it should be allowed, thanks for the advice .
    I hope it works out for you. Let us know how you get on.

Best Wishes,

The Convincer.
    thanks again.