Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Accessory advice!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just got this Asos dress for a song on ebay (£10!!!) and am wondering what sort of accesories to go with it.

image1xl.jpg

I've never been much of a girly girl but moving back to a smaller city all the girls here wear dresses and high heels etc when going out. Bit new for me but willing to give it a go (plus my outfit I wore out the other night got me refused entry from a couple of places :mad: apparently even if your jeans are smart they still won't let you in)

Any links to ideas would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    i'd say either go with girly flowery accessories, or go with black bits...

have a look in primark atm, they have a great selection of necklaces and such...
  • Options
    i'd say either go with girly flowery accessories, or go with black bits...

have a look in primark atm, they have a great selection of necklaces and such...

Mmm not so big on flowery accessories. I like the black bits idea. I have this nice chunky black bracelet I got for 50p (bargain!) in Primark. Do you reckon chunkier jewellery? Also do you reckon I could get away with tights with it, my legs aren't in the best of states at the moment hehe.
  • Options
    What about this necklace
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=20&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=67911&parent_category_rn=67910&productId=1134711&langId=-1

Silver and purple looks good together. I'd wear black tights and tall black heels with a platform on something like these http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/shoes/39/17 I have them and they are super comfy but make me 6ft tall :blush:

Add in a few chunky silver braceltes or lot's of little ones too
  • Options
    i think black chunky jewellery, maybe wooden stuff? would look good. and it'll be fine with tights!
  • Options
    Oooh I like those shoes. I don't actually have that many pairs of black heels but I'll certainly swing by Next and try them on (my feet are such an odd size!). Like that necklace as well but it's a bit more than I'm looking to spend :)
  • Options
    I have fat feet and Next fit really well for me and a good pair of black heels will go with alot of outfits!

Try New Look, Bay and even Claire's for necklaces like that. Ohh and H&M and Next too! Next have got quite trendy recently and actually have some nice stuff in!
  • Options
    Tell me about the fat feet! I've got size 5 feet but with a really tall arch that I have to wear a 7!

I'll have to pop down the shops this Saturday and have a browse. I love shopping online though... no annoying shop assistants haha! If only Primark was online *sigh*
  • Options
    Tell me about the fat feet! I've got size 5 feet but with a really tall arch that I have to wear a 7!

I'll have to pop down the shops this Saturday and have a browse. I love shopping online though... no annoying shop assistants haha! If only Primark was online *sigh*

I know I wish Primark had online shopping...but have a nosey on ebay there is always LOADS of stuff on there!
  • Options
    I might do that actually... I got a really nice dress which I've been told was from Primark for £3 the other day.

I guess if Primark did online the cost of doing it would inevitably bump the prices up anyway... not to mention P&P! That's what usually puts me off shopping at places like ASOS and stuff... I mean I have a bus pass and it's just lazy not to go into town. It's just on weekdays I'm at work and the shops are shut by the time I finish boo!
  • Options
    I use here to see what they've got in store. Marcia who runs it and posts most pics works in the Croydon store.
  • Options
    Brilliant! Thanks for the link :)