Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Helppppp!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
as its my mums birthday tomorrow i'm going to make her breakfeast in bed
and well, i wanna make something basic as last time i tried cooking something the egg exploded (i learnt never to put eggs in a microwave)
i was thinking scrambled egg on toast but i have no idea how to make the egg part
toast, i can handle and know how to make it but egg??
i have no idea

can some one put an easy recipy up for me please

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    curly_boy wrote: »
    hey all
    as its my mums birthday tomorrow i'm going to make her breakfeast in bed
    and well, i wanna make something basic as last time i tried cooking something the egg exploded (i learnt never to put eggs in a microwave)
    i was thinking scrambled egg on toast but i have no idea how to make the egg part
    toast, i can handle and know how to make it but egg??
    i have no idea

can some one put an easy recipy up for me please

Thanks

Even though you said that you know not to put eggs in the microwave....im sure the way my mum does it, is put eggs in a measuring jug, put them in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes (im not at all sure about the timing, is just a guess) but throughout the 2-3 minutes, she would stop the microwave and whisk them about with a fork :thumb:

But i would try this out before tomorrow if you have time, i dont want you to end up with a exploding egg all down moi :p
    oh and put cheese in it :D !
    1. Crack the egs into a microwavable pan
    2. whisk them with a fork
    3 add a bit of milk and butter,
    4 put it on for 30 seconds at a time
    5. mash up the egg every time it pings
    6. serve it when it looks like it's finished.
    That's what I do.
    If you do it on the cooker do to the first 3 steps (but into a pan suitable for the cooker of course) but make sure you keep stirring it till it's finished.
    You can't beat smoked salmon and cream chese bagels.

All you need is a pack of bagels, little pack of salmon and some cream cheese. You really can't go wrong. You can use phillidelphia or Sainsburys do a really nice cracked black pepper flavour cream cheese :yum:

Just either grill the bagels or pop them in the oven to warm them up.
    videojug.com does a pretty good demonstration of how to make it. just type in 'how to make scrambled eggs on toast' :)
    I find it easier to cook scrambled pan on the cooker cos you stir it as it cooks.

What i do is beat a couple of eggs with some milk, bit of salt and pepper, then in a pan, stirring it until its at the consistency you like.

Tip: make sure the toast is ready beforehand so that you can put the eggs straight on it, rather than stopping and end up burning your eggs.
    Eggs in a microwave, really? :sour:

Eggs
    Raw chicken
    something ment to be crispy
    metal

things you would never put in a microwave!
    pyramid.jpg

I put eggs and milk into a bowl. Wisk. Pour that into a heated pan on the stove. Take the spatula and continually drag it across the bottom of the pan to make sure the eggs do not burn. Doing this will give them the scrambled texture as the cook. Cook to your liking, and add cheese, pepper or whatever else you want.

I noticed the lack of milk in the above responses and want to emphasize the importance of it. I ran out of milk one day and made them without and they were very sad eggs. Not fluffy at all. Sort of like a boiled egg that you just cut into pieces. Milk makes them fluffy and... well thats what makes them scrambled eggs... not mutilated boiled/fried eggs :p
    Eggs in a microwave, really? :sour:

Eggs in a microwave is wrong :yuck:
    My mum always makes them in a microwave.

I tried it once, in an 800W one. 30 seconds and I had a giant block of egg. Never tried them again ...
    I always use the microwave so it doesn't dirty a pan especially seeing as our pans are crap.
    Bowl. Eggs, milk, grated cheese. Black pepper. Whisk.
    Hot frying pan. In. Stir. Heat.

Scrambled Eggs.

Done.
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I always use the microwave so it doesn't dirty a pan especially seeing as our pans are crap.

But then you dirty a bowl, dontcha? :p
    Mist wrote: »
    Bowl. Eggs, milk, grated cheese. Black pepper. Whisk.
    Hot frying pan. In. Stir. Heat.

Scrambled Eggs.

Done.

Word.

Microwaved food is gross.

Crack a couple of eggs in a bowl, put them in a frying pan, smoosh about till they look like scrambled eggs!
    Microwave pans are really easy to clean as nothing really sticks to them.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Nothing to add, just wanted to say I love the fact you're making your ma brekkie in bed. :thumb:
    Other easy breakfast stuff is things like pain au chocolate and coissants which you can just pop in the oven to heat up and then serve with jam and butter and big bowl of fresh fruit.

Whils we are on the scrabled egg debate i do them like this

1) melt a bit of butter in a pan say 10g or so
    2) Then add in about a table spoon of milk, salt and a good grind of pepper
    3) Take the pan off the head and crack in 2 eggs per person and mix them up with a wooden spoon
    4) put back on the heat and keep on stirring when they start to stick to the bottom i add in loads of grated cheese
    5) Basically keep on stirring untill they look cooked.

That way you only have to wash up one pan and not a bowl and a pan