Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help with a diet

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From thesites thing about breakfast -
    start the day with a light meal such as cereal with milk, followed by some wholemeal toast and fruit or pure fruit juice

is that a normal breakfast then because that sounds like a lot to me, not a light meal.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    From thesites thing about breakfast -

is that a normal breakfast then because that sounds like a lot to me, not a light meal.

Yep, I'd say that's the kind of breakfast that would mean you're not snacking mid morning. :)
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Yep, I'd say that's the kind of breakfast that would mean you're not snacking mid morning. :)

Agreed. I'd usually recommend shoving down a healthy but filling breakfast in order to keep you full. It kickstarts the metablism (hence why if you have a smaller breakfast, you'll feel hungry mid-morning) for the day, whereas not having breakfast will effectively keep your body fasting - slowe metab, and you're more likely to want to snack then.
    My dentist told me to have breakfast for the metabolism thing as I kept getting hungry especially through the day and kept snacking on sweets and yoghurts. I did find following her advice helped a lot.

Though as of the past two days, back in my old ways :p
    I've found that since i swapped to eating scrambled egg on toast/pitta bread (usually wholemeal) every morning i've started to not want to eat anything until lunchtime unlike before where i was either eating nothing or a piece of white toast and then snacking or craving sugar halfway through the morning.
    I just stick with the everything in moderation theme and it does me just fine. I eat three meals a day with the odd snack inbetween. I do eat the odd bit of junk food but to be fair i'm always on the go as have horses and a dog so i guess i burn things quicker than others.
    Well I tried breakfast this morning and had a boiled egg on 2pc of toast and it did fill me up but come 11am I was hungry again. So all it did was serve to make me eat more calories over the course of the day and I was still starving come tea time and had a normal amount.
    Yesterday I tried to have a smaller portioned dinner of chicken salad and 2 croquettes but I was unsatisfied and hungry for the rest of the night :(

So I think the only thing for me is more exercise.
    what about an exercise dvd? the pump it up ones are really good :yes: they leave me out of breath and hurting the next day!
    :yes: Agreed.

This one in particular I highly recommend - http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/509701/Ministry-Of-Sound-Pump-It-Up-The-Ultimate-Dance-Workout/Product.html

Fitness dvd's are a great route to weight loss if you don't want to be going the gym - I'd recommend you try to build up a collection however; you will tire of a dvd fast if you haven't got a number of others to alternate with.
    Theres an exercise/fitness tv program in our cable for free. It has lots of different current fitness videos, and some flat out weird ones that you can watch whenever, just like it were a dvd. Perhaps your tv has something similar?
    Theres an exercise/fitness tv program in our cable for free. It has lots of different current fitness videos, and some flat out weird ones that you can watch whenever, just like it were a dvd. Perhaps your tv has something similar?

I know on my sky I have a channel that has yoga on but nothing really yo get your heart pumping.
    I've done the same as you before (and doing it now) - forsaking breakfast. If I don't, I have to get up earlier (and 5.45 is early enough), so I wait until I get to work and have something then.
    However that's about 2 - 3 hours later, at which point I've been driving and working and I then over-eat to compensate for feeling completely wasted.
    That then has a knock-on effect throughout the day.

I have to say, that eating breakfast in the morning is much better than going without. Im also up at about 5:00 so i get the whole thing of having to wake up earlier, but by the time I get into work at 8:00am, Im ready and alert and I last through the day better. I usually have a bowl of fruit n fibre.

This week though, I have gone without breakfast and yesterday I felt sick and tired.