Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My first ever macro pic!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now I know most of you are whizzes with your camera's but I'm still a beginner and learning. Today I managed this pic...I know it's nothing spectacular but I love it :D

Closeupnose.jpg

What else can I take macro pics of? I'm eager to improve my photography skills etc. I'd love to photograph ducks but I can never get close enough. Haha :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think macro is good for flowers and creatures :) theres loads of pretty tiny flowers coming through now the sun is out. If I had a half decent camera I'd be out getting snaps of them.

I want to compile a kind of time line of spring flowers - maybe start off with pics of snowdrops, crocuses, then daffs and any other things that blossom. I do like flowers :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    So cute! reminds me of my parents dog. :)
    Doggy!! :D

I love macro shots. I was disappointed when I bought my SLR that a good macro lens was over £400 :eek2:
    o dear spammers
    Eddish wrote: »
    I love macro shots. I was disappointed when I bought my SLR that a good macro lens was over £400 :eek2:

Have you looked at getting some close-up filters? The kind that just screw on to the end of your normal lens? I got a set off ebay for about a tenner, and I think the quality is pretty good. Obv they aren't as good as a proper macro lens, but it's a good compromise!

Example of a pic taken with one:

2911358157_588bca968f.jpg
    Oooh, didn't even know about them (I've not used camera much, so not researched properly) but I'll definitely give them a look :)
    I'd recommend the Sigma 50mm Prime Macro lens, it's really good and was only £200.
    The quality of it is amazing.
    Cheers :)
    I was gonna ask which one you used on the other thread. Might have to wait a couple of months before I can seriously look at buying one but I'll keep an eye on ye olde eBay!
    Eddish wrote: »
    Cheers :)
    I was gonna ask which one you used on the other thread. Might have to wait a couple of months before I can seriously look at buying one but I'll keep an eye on ye olde eBay!

Save up and buy new. A good lens will last you a lifetime, I'd steer clear from second hand, especially for macro work. The smallest scratch will ruin the lens.