Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Could do with some advice..

Okay..im not sure what im suffering in a way..but still when i walk into say..school or a shop or generally outside i get really panicy and my heart races quite fast, and usually later in that day i get a really irritating itch all over my body and sweat because of it its not nice at all!

any idea what this all could be? or how to stop/prevent it?

ADD: Also it happens if people who i dont really like or talk to speak to me i get all panicy for some reason.. i dont know why..or if someone comes too close to me
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey grahaminneed :wave:

It sound's like you are suffering from panic attacks. We would advise you to see your GP about this. How would it feel to do this ?

You could also check out our pages on anxiety and stress and panic attacks.

Hope this helps. Take care and keep posting to let us know how you get on. :)
    Thankyou for the reply. On friday which i forgot to mention i was 5 mins late to my maths lesson (speaking with head of year) and when i walked in everybody was looking at me for a good 2-3 seconds.. i felt under pressure and on the spot even tho i was walking to my seat..then through out all that lesson i was all nervous when someone touched me even if it was like a pat on the back.

Do you still think its panic attacks?
    It sounds like you are experiencing high levels of anxiety, maybe not panic attacks all the time. It kinda puts your body 'on guard' which is why when someone touches you, it makes you react strongly.
    skakitty wrote: »
    It sounds like you are experiencing high levels of anxiety, maybe not panic attacks all the time. It kinda puts your body 'on guard' which is why when someone touches you, it makes you react strongly.

Oh dear..what could i do to reduce it? or stop it..is there any medicine of any kind that will i dont know..calm me down or something.. i dont know anything :S
    I think the best thing to do is try to worry again over how worried you are if that makes sense. Is it only when you get into thes situations that you feel worried/panicky?
    skakitty wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do is try to worry again over how worried you are if that makes sense. Is it only when you get into thes situations that you feel worried/panicky?

Na that makes no sense..
    Umm..as i said before how i walked into my class late n felt really awkward..wen that happens and im like the centre of attention i immideatly want to get out of that and i think that people are either talking about me as its an appropriate time or mocking the way i look. Thats what i think :S

I dont like being in closed spaces with other people..my school year photo last week was the worst. i was packed with loads of other people (mainly girls too which isnt any better)
    oops! i mean't NOT to worry! /facepalm

I think you have to try and combat those automatic thoughts that you have (people are talking about you, mocking the way you look) ...do you have a valid reason for them? like, have you actually heard someone saying something mean about you when you've walked into a classroom? I guess what i'm saying, is you have to question your own self doubt (like a friend would do)
    being claustrophobic is quite normal, not a lot of people like crowds of people, you just have to try and distract yourself from thinking about how much you don't like it.
    gah i'm not great at typing advice!
    I think you give good advice, and yeah ive heard stuff..im not going to go into what they said and what they spoke about as itll just hurt me. But its happened a few times so i just expect it now :/

anybody else care to add their opinion?

I looked on the anxiety part on thesite website and nothing related to me :S
    re

Hi Grahiminneed,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling anxious and that things have been said to upset you that are very painful. Clearly this anxiety is affecting you and you would like to get some help with it, have you considered seeing a counsellor?counselling offers a neutral and confidential way of exploring your feelings and worries. here is some information on counselling and CBT counselling in particular, we hope this helps. you can access counselling via GP referral or through local voluntary organisations.

good luck and keep posting:wave:
    Okay thanks for ur help