Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sti check

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If my girlfriend gets checked for STI's and gets the all clear nothing wrong, is there and point in me going n geting an umbrella shoved down my knob?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, as there are some infections which only affect men

Even if you didn't have any symptoms, I'd say go, because at least you'll see that going isn't as bad as it's made out to be (no nasty umbrella type instruments etc) and going for a general STI check anyway is a very good habit to get into.
    Yes there is.

Somebody you may have had sex with before may have had an STI without knowing it and passed it onto you. Or, your girlfriend may have passed something onto you.

Either way, its best to be absolutely certain then you dont have to worry about it. Why leave the responsibility just up to her to get checked anyway? Your both in the relationship having sex, not just her
    shes already been checked when she went to get tested for cervical cancer.

we lost our virginity to each other so thers no worry of previous partners,
    does she suspect u of cheating? why did she get hers done, im not sure its routine with a smear.

if she wants it, do it. it could just be just a security thing for her, girls worry that much more. you can enjoy sex that much more. and its not an umbrella.
    they asked her if she wanted checked for any sti's, i think they do it in glasgow.

nope she doesnt think im cheating, never said anything to me anyways lol
    Even though neither of you have had no previous partners, she made the time and effort to go, it would be nice to show her that you're willing to do the same, even though you've just started, you have a lifetime to have sex and it's worthwhile getting into a habit of being pro-active about your sexual health, rather than thinking that because she's got it covered, there's no point going.
    As you've only slept with her and she's clean you're probably fine as well..to put your mind at rest you could always go and get tested anyway though..there is no umbrella down the japseye nonsence..I've only ever been given a piss test..no pain, limited embarrasment..better safe than sorry.