Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Endometriosis - (might be a bit gross)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't think anyone can help me really, I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest.

Back in December I had a horrendously painful colonoscopy procedure where they found (and photographed) endometriosis in my bowel.

When I had my surgery in January it had disappeared, which I was extatic about.

The problem is I think it has returned and I haven't yet told anyone cos I don't want to bother people with it.
I will talk to my gynae about it, but they keep moving my post-op appointment back and now it's not until next month - 5 months after my surgery! :crazyeyes

It's just during my last period I was needing the loo 4 or 5 times a day and I think there was blood with the stools, although it was hard to tell cos my period was pretty heavy anyway.

I think I'm due another period - but they've been irregular since I came off the pill in November so I don't really know... But this last few days I keep getting sort of brown mucusy stuff when I go to the loo. (From the back end) Which could well be blood.

I'm just feeling a bit down about it cos it never bloody ends. I don't want more surgery. And I don't want to go back onto the fucking pill cos I've been really enjoying feeling like myself for once and not feeling 'medicated' and not having moods or feeling sick when I've had a pill break, and actually having an apitite and finally putting some weight on.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!

:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Firstly am sorry it's making you worry so much, i know how horrible it is when you think somethings gone and then it's come back again, although not on the scale poor you has had :(

Secondly, sorry to sound like an old woman but you really do need to contact your docs and tell them you're worried as you think it's returned or that something isn't right. At the end of their day it's their job to look after you and make sure you're healthy so you're not "bothering" them. It's best to get it checked instead of a month down the line being worse. Just put your foot down, sound worried on the phone and say you'd really like something doing. They surely can't refuse to see you if there's a problem cropped up again. I'm sure they'll be able to fit you in and pretty sure that if you've had surgery then they should be pretty accomodating about it and know that problems might be occuring.
    If they do try and fob you off for another month put your foot down as it's your health at the end of the day and your piece of mind.

Good luck anyway hun with whatever happens x
    Hugs.
    Thanks both of you.

Carolina... I know what you're saying and I'm sure they probably would squeeze me in another time sooner... But the gynae I see is a top-dog in his field and spends a lot of time travelling to lecture and other things. I really like him and trust him, and when I've seen other doctors in his place I haven't felt listened to at all, so I want to wait and see the man himself really. If it is back I don't reckon it's going to make much difference waiting a little longer. :yeees: I hope not anyway.

I guess the good news is that I've not had much pain, and that is what really concerns me... It's just I start worrying about all the other stuff like if I have the not painful type of endo, will it be doing damage that'll make it hard to have kids and stuff... I guess it's best to have it somewhere you can't ignore even if it is painless, if you get me.

Anyway, the sympathise are much apprechiated. It's always nice to have somewhere to moan. ;)
    Trouble is we're our own worst enemies when we don't fully know what it is :blush: I always find i'm fine and deal with it once i know what the problem is, it's just the not knowing as then we make ourselves worse and stress more about it :yeees: Typical really.
    I can see why you would want to wait for the top bloke, but still think it's worth mentioning to his office just in case someone does cancel and they could fit you in sooner.
    Know what you mean about having somewhere to have a moan :yes: Sometimes it's easier to talk to people you don't know and get an unbiased opinion on things.