Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

go ape

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
has anyone been one before?

im thinking of buying me and my bf some tickets. our anniversary is coming up so i was thinking of buying us some tickets as a treat. its not that romantic but i know he loves these sorts of things! lol
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been!

It's really good fun, although not at all if you are properly scared of heights.
    haha, eek, i am!!!! my boyfriend isn't though so he would love it :)
    You thinking as a present for him, or for the both of you to go?

Just if it's for the both of you to go together and you're going to be too terrified to join in and panick then maybe it's not such a great idea.

That said, a lot of the venues you can go round the course with the people who are doing it and stay on the ground and take photos etc, so it's like a walk through the woods. Would be worth checking if the place you go does that if you think he'll want to go up high and jump off things and you won't.

Some of the sections are basically impossible to do 'right' so you'll end up 'falling' and hanging off your harness. If you're happy doing that then cool, if you're going to completely freak out then maybe think about staying on the ground.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    It's really good fun and really safe - the zip lines are ace and I think it's a cool thing to do together as he can be the hero boyfriend and support you as you go around the course. :)
    I went to the one in Delamere Forrest and loved it. Although you need to have a strong head for heights!
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I went to the one in Delamere Forrest and loved it. Although you need to have a strong head for heights!
    thats the one im thinking of going to.

where i live back home, delamere forest is 1/2 mile away. i practically live in the forest haha.
    thats the one im thinking of going to.

where i live back home, delamere forest is 1/2 mile away. i practically live in the forest haha.

I love Delamere Forset, I love wandering around there it's so nice and peaceful...lucky you living so close by :yes:
    I only live 20 mintes away which isn't bad tbh.

But the go ape there is good I went for a friends birthday and it was a laugh :yes:
    The more of you the better!
    Since no other bloke has replied, it's good, but when I went, there was one particular obstacle which may very well have ruined my chances of having children.
    I've been. Was good fun. I have a bit of an issue with heights, and it felt good to be slightly out of my comfort zone - you're hooked on very safely, so don't worry about falling. Really good!
    Since no other bloke has replied, it's good, but when I went, there was one particular obstacle which may very well have ruined my chances of having children.

and whats that? :shocking:
    I went with my boyf last year in delamere forest and I am scared of heights so I was shitting myself for the whole time. Stupidly, it was my idea and I really didn't expect the assault course to be that high up. it was soooo scary, i definitely wouldn't do it again. you have to clip yourself on and clip yourself off every tree so it doesn't feel that safe as you're clinging on for dear life. my boyfriend loved it though.
    lipsy wrote: »
    I went with my boyf last year in delamere forest and I am scared of heights so I was shitting myself for the whole time. Stupidly, it was my idea and I really didn't expect the assault course to be that high up. it was soooo scary, i definitely wouldn't do it again. you have to clip yourself on and clip yourself off every tree so it doesn't feel that safe as you're clinging on for dear life. my boyfriend loved it though.

Wimp. :razz:
    I've been. It was quite good fun.
    and whats that? :shocking:

Something that involved pulling yourself across a little pully-type thing, but where all of your weight was on your harness and your legs were dangling. :sour:
    Lol.

Someone's harness wasn't in the right place.