Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do i know if im depressed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive been feeling really weird for a few months now and i dont know why i used to get up in the morning get ready and go out now i find i dont even want to get out of bed i just feel like seeping all day and its getting worse i keep avoiding friends and making excuses not to out i used to be out all the time and the other day i felt like crying for no reason it just felt like i was welling up i know this sounds stupid but i really dont know what to do i havent spoken to anyone about this and just want it to stop. so can any1 tell me if this sounds like depression because im too embarresed to speak to friends and familuy

Comments

• Options
    Yes, they could be symptoms of depression - see if you have any of the others at
    http://www.nhs.uk/Pathways/depression/Pages/Symptoms.aspx
  • Options
    It sounds like it.
    My friend described depression like 'having the worst day ever, but every single day, and it never gets better' :(

I'd recommend seeking some professional advice, good luck :)
  • Options
    maybe you need a change of routine? do something spontanious or a lil crazy!
    if you feel like crying then cry. it will get rid of all that emotion building up and make you feel a hundred times better!
    if you label yourself as depressed you'll find you'll use it as an excuse. just say you're a litle down and need a good cheering up then you'll activly do something to change.
  • Options
    re

Hey Wazza,:wave:
    Thanks for your post and sorry to hear youve been a bit down lately.

With regard to depression, It is very hard to define and diagnose depression as its symptoms and manifestations come in may forms. For your own piece of mind it maybe best to see your GP and have a medical, it maybe something physical or hormonal thats making you feel out of sorts. Doctors are also the best people to speak to in terms of diagnosing depression if indeed this is the case. Here is some information on depression for your information. Hope you find this helpful!

keep posting:)
  • Options
    How do i know if im depressed?

Search some test to do it.
    Then it will give you marks and the result.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Valorous wrote: »
    Search some test to do it.
    Then it will give you marks and the result.
    Good luck!
    No offense, that's a very stupid idea. Online 'tests' are inaccurate and often misleading.

Incidentally, looking at the symptoms from that NHS link, I can safely say I have 17 out of the 20 listed. Huzzah :/.
  • Options
    Phq-9

go to http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40025272/
    and take whats called a PHQ-9 its an assesment to asses whether you are clinically depressed but i would also reccomend talking to someone and the best person to talk to is your gp about how you have been feeling
    i hope this helps
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Incidentally, looking at the symptoms from that NHS link, I can safely say I have 17 out of the 20 listed. Huzzah :/.
    Me too.