Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Doctors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Grrr. I am so annoyed. 20 minutes I've just spent trying to get through to my Dr's only to be told they don't have one appointment left. Bearing in mind they don't actually open till 8, all the appointments have gone in that 20 minutes :crying:
The only appoinments left were through the triage nurse and I'm not ill so would have been told to phone back tomorrow for an appointment. Which I'm going to have to do and spend another 20 minutes getting through again :banghead:

*rant over*

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Grrrrrrrr.

That must be incredibly annoying.

Is yours one of these doctors that don't offer advanced appointments at all then?

If they are and you don't have any luck getting an appointment tomorrow I'd be tempted to see the triage nurse anyway. Just occasionally they have this property called common sense and can book doctors appointments for people who need to see one, even if it's not in the next 6 hours.
    Yep you can only book on the day, no advance appointments :impissed:

I know the triage nurse won;t give me an appointment they will just say try the next day.

I shall be ready tomorrow phone in hand dead on 8! If I don't get anything tomorrow I think I'll camp outside in silent protest just to make sure I get an appointment sometime this week :grump:
    My old doctors had the same system, and it used to drive me up the wall. Whoever dreamed it up must have been tripping. Surely the more ill you are, the less likely you are to be able to get up at ten to 8 and press redial every 10 seconds for half an hour?

Grrr.
    Ours is like that but they open the doors 10 mins before phone goes over so those in door get first appointments, could you do that?